|0.11|

We all sat around the table dinning on my aunt's cooking. Our plates were decorated in fried pork chops, yellow rice and baked beans with the companionship of Hawaiian Rolls. My small appitite couldn't get me to engulf even half of the meal. My side of yellow rice practically sat untouch along with the second pork chop my aunt stacked upon my plate. My uncle Calvin sat next to me leading the conversation about his hard day at work. Him working at a huge shipping factory as a line man, it did put a lot of labor on him. Picking up heavy boxes and loading them onto 18 wheeler trucks tired him out a bit. He barely has energy to do anything with his over night and sometimes over time shifts. If he's not at work he's home sleeping to prepare his self for a long day at work.

"How was your day baby?"Calvin asserted his attention over to his wife.

I kept my eye contact on her as she spoke about her draining day. "With the high crime rate in NOLA we receive more patients we can bare with. It's super tiring especially dealing with the stubborn patients."She sighed with a light frown. With my aunt spending her work hours as a nurse she had a busy schedule. She could be scheduled on any hour of the day and get off on any hour of the day as well.

"I'm sure you can handle it mommy." Kashari spoke positively to her mother with a deceiving and taunting smile before she took a glance at me.

Was she trying to rub that in my face?

If she was, she was doing an awful job. I wasn't phased a bit by her short attempt to make me jealous. I know my aunt is not my mother, no one could make it more clear for me. My aunt stands as a mother figure, but she'll never take place of my mother. The fact that Kashari thought her little petty antics would get a reaction out of me was hilarious. She must really dislike me.

I picked up on her drift deciding to lower my maturity a bit just to raise her dislike for me. "Yeah aunt April, I'm sure you can handle it. I know you've experienced worse in that hospital."

Aunt April took a sip of her iced water before setting it back down on the coaster. "And you're so right Jen, I've been through leap year at the hospital, that's when all the fast tailed little girls decide to have kids. There's nothing worse than dealing with pregnant women."She laughed shaking her head. "Anyways, what's going on with you and Kash at school?"We had now emerged into a conversation that made Kashari shift in her seat. I smirked at the suspicious look on her face, it was amusing to watch her crumble before her mom and dad found out that she has not been attending school.

"School was fine for me."I began as I dabbed the corner of my mouth with a napkin I laid across my lap, it was proper etiquette. "Kashari did you find our AP Calculus test for 2nd period hard?"I smirked looking at the lovely sight of her squirm. Her mother and father's eyes peered on her awaiting her response.

Kashari cleared her throat before responding."Uh y-yeah, it was extremely hard, b-but you know with me studying all of the time, I of course passed."She smiled convincingly. She must've really thought she saved her own ass.

I smirked towards her as I tapped my trimmed finger nails agains the wooden dinning table. I applied moisture onto my lips before speaking to respond to her tale she just spewed to both parents. "Oh, really? Tell me more about it because I certainly didn't take it due to us being on the block schedule today causing us to only fufill our schedule of, first, third, fith and seventh period. How did you take our AP Calculus if we didn't even attend our 2nd period?"I raised a taunting brow. Kashari fails to realize that I may take a lot of shit from her but once I lower my maturity, which I rarely do, I can play this game like her. Her petty and infantile ways never get under my skin, I either just charge it to the game or let them simply roll off of my shoulder.

Kashari isn't much of a threat to me, she has it engraved into her mind that I'm jealous of her and everything she does or has I long to do it or have as well.