|0.42|

O M N I S C I E N T

Jhenea sat in the busy cafe with her finger
trailing the outline of the folder she had in hand. She didn't bother to buy anything to eat due to her appetite diminishing once she realized what she was about to do. She looked out the window nervously still seeing Carson and Ashton posted in the all black tinted Cadillac. They assured her whenever she felt uncomfortable they'll drive around the block and she could meet them there.

Letting out a stressing sigh, Jhenea combed her fingers through her hair. The more she read the message Anthony had sent her, the more relaxed she became.

Anthony Mason
—You highly appreciated for this. I'll give you the world if I can.

It caused her cheeks to warm up and her heart to beat faster. Jhenea knew it was out of character for him to be all sentimental and romantic, so he must of have meant it.

She out stretched her hand into the center of the table where she began to toy around with the wooden coffee stirrers that sprawled in every direction in the glass container they were being held in. She was beginning to grow nervous and impatient, a bad mix. She had been waiting for over twenty minutes of course Ximena was still not there, like always.

Jhenea's stomach began to churn at the thought of being face to face with Ximena, this time voluntarily. She didn't know if she was becoming sick or she was just getting over a bad stage of anxiety that she hadn't gotten in a while. Sightly holding the sides of her stomach, she rubbed them soothingly hoping that it'll ease the sea sick feeling.

Taking in a deep breath, Jhenea calmed herself realizing that she was causing herself to feel this way because she was over thinking way to much.

Her eyes glanced towards the door this time hoping the chimes of the entrance wasn't going to be followed by the stature of Ximena. Her hopes served her no justice as Ximena also scanned the cafe in the search for her guest.

She was a slightly curvy women, mid height with long dark hair that she put in a ponytail as she clipped her bangs with a bobby pin. Her eyes were slanted, just as Jhenea's and Ai'Milan's were. Her cheek bones stood up, making it seem as if her eyes could barely open to showcase her chocolate brown pupils. Her attire of a pair of white slacks that stopped right above her ankles, a yellow long sleeve blouse that blossomed outwards at the bending of her elbow, while her feet were adorned with a pair of light tan Steve Madden heels. Jhenea was shocked at her mother's sense of style and how young she still looked, she didn't expect this at all.

Ximena's eyes fixated on Jhenea causing her feet to shuffle quickly over to the table. Ximena didn't know whether she should hug her daughter or just sit down in the booth and just smile. The look on Jhenea's face showed the same. She didn't bother to get up to hug her nor did she bother to greet her.

Ximena slid into the booth sitting across from Jhenea. Placing the red and gold Saint Laurent bag onto the table, Ximena folded her hands together refraining herself from touching Jhenea's face to admire her beauty. "You're so beautiful."Ximena complimented with a wide stretched smile.

Jhenea pursed her lips, not knowing whether to thank her or just ignore it. Staying silent, Ximena realized she wasn't to easy to please and she was going to have to do a bit more than smiling and complimenting her to make her open up.

"What do you want with me?"Jhenea asked not bothering to even thank her about the compliment.

Ximena furrowed her brows, she thought it was pretty evident that she wanted to be a mother, a real one this time. "Well, I supposed a mother and daughter relationship would suffice."Ximena answered with her cheeks suctioned inwards as nervousness drenched her body.