|0.33|

2 Weeks Later

"You haven't been to school for a whole week and when you finally do come to school you wanna slack off and skip classes. What's up with you?"Sam and Morgan both gave me confusing looks.

I shrugged my shoulders carelessly. "I'm at a point in life where I just don't care. I'm just emotionally drained."

"From?"Morgan questioned.

"I don't know okay. It's just— forget it. Stop questioning me."I picked up the pace of my walking making my way towards the exit of school. I was tired of it and I really didn't want to be in the presence of any one that was apart of the population of the school.

Cautiously making my way out, I trudge off campus with no set destination in mind. I definitely wouldn't be going home. Instead of taking the regular route I always took, I decided to head left and call Aven.

He too decided not to come to school anymore due to the whole Pascale thing. When word got out about what had happened in the hall way, everyone suspected that he had something to do with the murder. He just couldn't handle the third degree from everyone at school.

"Yo."Aven answered the phone.

"Yeah Aven, I was wondering are you able to pick me up."I say to to him.

"Yeah I'll come scoop you after school."He agreed.

I shook my head no as if he could see me. "No I mean now, I really just dont want to be here."I sigh telling him truthfully.

"Ight cool mama, give me seven minutes."He told me.

I nodded my head before we both ended the calls with goodbyes.

It was towards the end of May and the end of school was quickly approaching. I know my chance of graduating early with this year's senior class was probably at risk due to me skipping school lately, but at this point nothing was worth caring for anymore. Although it would be nice if Morgan and I do graduate with this class together, but I know now she's most likely going to be walking across the stage on her own while I'm in the audience.

Looking down at my vibrating phone I assumed it was Aven so I picked. "Hello."Morgan's voice sounded through the phone.

I sighed deeply knowing that I was going to be getting an ear full from her and Sam. "Yes Morgan."I say.

"Whenever you're ready for me to break all of Anthony's windows and slash his tires, since he loves them ugly ass expensive cars so much, holla at me. Other than that, me and babe got you covered. We'll try to do some of your missing work and if we can't we'll bring it to your place and bring it back to school once it's completed." I smiled softly at Morgan. I knew she picked up on all of the signs of my bullshit ass heartbreak over Anthony. He was the excitement in my life and once she noticed I was no longer excited, it was easy to put two and two together.

"Thank you so much Morg and I love you. I promise to fill you in on this ghetto ass soap opera."

"Bitch he must've really got you pressed, you using all them vile words. I'm telling you Jhen, it ain't nothin' for me to get his shit whacked out here. Sam may be a little Saltine, but my baby know how to handle his weight. The hoodest white nigga you'll eva' see."She rambled causing me to laugh. This was the first time I expressed an emotion other than hurt and sadness in the past two weeks.

Seeing Aven pull up in his gold 2003 Buick Century I walked towards it as it began to slow down. "I know Morgan, I know. Sam isn't white, he just has a lack of melanin."I restated her theory sure enough hearing her and Sam laugh through the phone as I got in this passenger seat of Aven's car.