|0.Epilouge|

Jhenea A'mei  Amreeyell

I found myself depressed.

I found myself lost.

I began to shelter myself again.

I was no longer care free.

Happy.

Social.

Nor open to new people.

He made me, then broke me.

I was the product to his heart, and he chosed what to do with me.

I had no control whatsoever and I regretted it.

I regretted it all.

Now that I was All Grown Up.

I didn't quite anticipate on being back home after being in Atlanta for nine months. As much as I fought myself the resistance of not getting on the plane, I just had to. Just to pay my respects.

I never really been to a funeral. I didn't know how to dress for one, act of one or even speak for one. This was something new, something I wished I had no parts of.

"You okay?"Morgan asked to the next of me.

I hadn't spoken since we boarded the plane in Atlanta, now that we had landed in New Orleans, I guess she had enough of my silence.

"Yeah."I nodded."I'm cool." I gave a light smile before proceeding to wait for our ride.

Morgan let our conversation dim down to no existance as she too waited for our ride. After a few straining minutes,  we finally got a text form Carson that he was in the pick up area.

Rolling our luggage behind us, we walked through a few confused tourist with huge dark clouds hovering over us.

Morgan wasn't really up for any more funerals after she recently lost her father who was serving for the Army. She went through a rough time of trying to drink to ease her pain and sadness, but with one visit from her mother and Carson, she was slowly getting back on her straight and narrow path. It hurted me to see her like that even when I was going through a traumatic heartbreak of my own. I learned to push my feelings aside and help my bestfriend and honestly, that helped me cope with a lot.

I too had my fair share of deaths, two months ago, my biological father Le'Cray Amreeyell, suffered a brutal fall from a top flight of stairs. The lawyers who got in contact with me were pushing for it to be ruled as a homicide, but of course the courts were pushing that far away as possible.

Me dealing with my father's death was easy to me. I didn't shed tears, never stressed over it, nor talked about it. It was like it just happened and I kept my life moving, nothing to lose sleep over.

As soon as we stepped out the airport, it felt just as it felt before when we had left. The sun remained out, the clouds were a bit more crowding and everything remained at a fast and colorful pace. Setting eyes on Carson's new Mercedes, Morgan pointed it out to me resulting in her leading the way towards it.

Carson got out of the car greeting us immediately. He pulled Morgan in a long swaying hug as she squealed at the embrace due to her being away from him for so long. He then turned to me giving me the same hug causing me to let out a loud laugh. "Damn yall look different."He stepped aback scanning our appearance for a moment. "Yall done grew up on a nigga, shit bout to make me cry."He dramtically placed his hand on his chest holding his head down in 'sadness'.