|0.23|

"Why the fuck she know about Brooklyn Anthony!?"I heard Aven yell at Anthony as I sat in the passenger seat of Anthony's vehicle. Before Aven could completely sit in the car, he decided to pull Anthony aside to speak to him.

Without my knowledge, I realized that I had spilled the beans about something Aven should have no knowledge of.  Aven explained to me that Brooklyn was his younger sister that his father had through infidelity. Dealing with the fact that his father was no longer around, the family had lost custody over Brooklyn resulting in the mother taking her away from them. Aven told me that he grew really close to Brooklyn through the years and to know that Anthony had been hanging around her without his knowledge hurt him.

Looking at them through the windshield, Anthony responded. "I'm fuckin' grown my nigga, I do whateva' the fuck I please. You gone have to stop comin' at me like you aint got no damn sense. I know you doin' that shit again, but I know for damn sure it don't make your ass dumb."Anthony snarled at his younger brother.

"Man fuck you!"Aven spat towards his brother. "You aint done shit for a nigga, but bring even more negativity into my already fucked up life! You'on think I went through enough shit! Wit' everybody not wantin' to be around me, you gone strip me from seeing Brooklyn?!  You one fucked up soul!"Aven argued with his brother raising the tension between the both of them. It was evident that the both of them were angry and were willing to say anything to get under one another's skin. I was in a bit of a predicament of not knowing what to do. Should I put out the raising fire now or wait until it consumes everything surrounding it, including me.

Shaking his head Anthony looked over at Aven."You a fuckin' tickin' timing bomb walkin' Ven. You brought this shit upon yourself. I don't blame Loren for not wantin' Brooklyn around your ass, you not only caused the death of her fuckin' daddy, but her step brother to. C'mon now Aven, look at the shit in a different perspective." His brutal words seemed to pierce Aven's tough skin, cutting and unhealing jagged wounds.

"You sayin' this shit like you some type of saint. Remember Ant, you did the same shit when you was younger, yo ass just went unnoticed. Just because my fucking mistake was in plain view for the whole family to see don't mean you ca' bash me when you did the same fuckin' thing."The arguing back and forth was growing suspenseful on my part. I opted on trying to extinguish the high raising argument.

Getting out the car, I walked towards them pushing the both of them away from each other. Grabbing Anthony's face I had him focus his menacing eye contact on me resulting in the look on his face softening. "Look at me."I ordered from him as his eyes tried to trail back up towards Aven. "That is no way to talk to him Anthony, he is grieving just as much as you are maybe even more. Take his feeling into consideration and understand where he's coming from. You are flaunting Brooklyn in his face when she may be the little piece of sanity and normality he could ever have. As an older brother you should nurture him not judge him just like everyone else is. Apologize."

Anthony face screwed up in a crazed expression he looked down upon me as if I had lost my mind. "I aint apologizing for shit. Get in the fuckin' car when you done babyin' that sorry fuck."He hissed as he walked off to go sit in the vehicle.

Shaking my head I roll my eyes at him through the windshield. Turning around, I face Aven who had the same glint in his eyes just as Anthony did moments prior. Grabbing his face, I focused his eye contact on me. "Breath."I coached him as I noticed his hunched shoulders. He did as I told him before letting the tense feeling roll off his body. "Aven if you want answers you have to learn how to have a civil conversation without yelling. You get reciprocated what you give. It's best for the both of you guys just to have your space so the both of you can just cool off for a bit."I told Aven who nodded and actually excepted my words.