|0.17|

My hand instantly shot up to cover up the noticeable hand print. My mouth soon grew dry as his and Morgan's eyes caved in on me. "Uh, it was nothing."I lied. "While I was walking home this guy was upset that I gave him some attitude when she was trying to speak to me." I obviously wasn't gonna tell Aven what happened between his brother and I. That would just result to even more bad things happening on this birthday of mine.

Aven eyes peered on me for a bit before averting them towards Morgan. "Morg, let me have a minute with Jhenea."He said to her causing her eyes to detach from mine that were begging for her not to leave.

She nodded obliging Aven's request all the while mouthing sorry to me. I rolled my eyes at her before she left out of her bedrom to trudge elsewhere around her apartment. "Come here."He told me soothingly. I scooted closer towards him, his face inches away from my neck.

He lifted his hand to touch the hand print that was etched onto my neck causing an instant reflex to flinch under his attempt to touch it. He looked me in my eyes reassuringly almost like he was asking me for permission to grace his finger upon it. Nodding me head, I gave him permission to touch it. The soothing sensation of the pads of his finger tips trailing throughout the placement of the hand print calmed my apprehensive feeling. "Jhenea, tell me the truth. Who put they hands on you?"He questioned again letting my previous response be disregarded.

I looked away from him staring at a picture of Morgan and her father. "I told you what happened already. I'm telling the truth."I murmured to him causing him to scoff some air.

"Why you lying to me for? I'm actually tryna' help you."Aven says growing a bit agitated with my dishonesty. Despite the fact that I was indeed lying, he should trust me enough to atleast not have the impression of me lying.

I rise from the right side of the bed on the verge to walk out of the bedroom. I couldn't take the confrontational talk that he was was having with me right now. "Aven there's nothing to discuss. What I told you is what happened and you can believe it or not."

Pulling me back by either sides of my waist I landed back into the same spot that I was in before I tried to walk out. "Stop doing that walking away shit. It's not gone fucking help you."Aven said sternly. He had a tight grip of my waist making sure that I wouldn't be able to walk out and leave.

"Aven watch how you talk to me."I push his hands off immediately growing a defensive attitude. He couldn't be talking to me like that and think that I'll openly admit that I am lying.

Aven sighed. "Ight', my bad, I apologize." He said tucking one of his many stray dreads into his messy bun. "I just don't like the fact that you continuously lie to me even when I know that you lying. Just tell me who hit you and I'll leave it at that."

"If I tell you it's just gonna cause a lot of tension."I sigh. I basically had now clarified for him that I was indeed lying.

He huffs out a stressful breath."Man I aint about to play the damn guessing game with your ass, it's either you tell me or I'm finding out, you choose." This ultimatum was not fair on my part at all. Either way I'll be in the center of controversy.

I look at him intently as he did the same to me. I let out a heavy sigh before completely letting my words flow without the afterthought of how he'll react to this situation. "It was Anthony okay. He saw me walking, decided to give me a ride, we got into it about our attitude towards each other and he kicked me out the car, while getting out I slammed the door, angering him and he got physical with me."I spilled out in one breath.

My stomach churned at the sight of his twisted face. He looked at me blankly almost as if he didn't know what reaction to give me. After another minute of waiting for his suspenseful response, instead of him talking all could be heard were his low chuckles. He opted on chuckling for a while causing me to grow confused."You pullin' my leg right?"He asks in between chuckles.
"No offense Jhenea, but now I'm beginning to think that you are a compulsive liar. Just hearing that bullshit you just said just proves me right. You would have been better off saying Malcom did that shit to you, not my damn brother." Hearing those words stung me more than the open wound my aunt had now created.