Chapter 6

After no luck with any of his citizens, Germany got a call from Italy.

"Germany! I've found England! But he's running away from me!" the frantic country said.

"Where is he going?" Germany quickly asked him.

"He's going towards a big scary forest!"

"Chase after him, I'll get the other countries to meet up with you," Germany told him.

He hung up and called the other countries. Remembering where he sent Italy, he quickly told the countries to go to that location. Making a connection to the land, he tried to pinpoint where Italy was located. Because England and Italy were both moving, he couldn't directly teleport to them.

Getting a general area of where Italy was located, he teleported there. Quickly looking at his surroundings, he noticed two sets of footprints leading off in the direction of the forest. He was just outside of the city that Italy had gone and searched in.

"Germany!" he heard someone exclaim.

He turned and saw America running towards him.

"I'll scold you later about shouting my country name near the city. They ran this way. Where are all the others?" Germany swiftly asked.

"I think they're still making their way here. They're so slow! But anyways, enough chitchat! Let's go! The more time we waste standing here chit chatting, the more time England has to get away," America shouted.

They both ran into the forest. The glowing sun was still high up in the bright blue sky. Checking the locations of the countries while running, Germany realised that Italy was stationary.

"Italy!" Germany shouted out, trying to figure out where the pasta loving country went.

"Germany!" America and Germany both heard.

They ran on one of the pathways in the forest, jumping over the various tree roots that stuck out from the ground.

Italy was sitting on the ground, looking ready to cry. Next to him was a big tree root.

"Germany! I tripped and fell! It hurts!" he whined.

Germany sighed and looked towards America.

"I'll take care of Italy. Go after England. He's still on my land," Germany ordered.

America nodded and rushed off again, following the faint footprints deeper into the forest.

"Do you think he'll be able to find England?" Italy asked Germany curiously.

"I hope so."

America followed the footprints until they stopped near the edge of the forest. Not knowing where to go next, he decided to head out of the forest. Walking out of the forest, and wandering aimlessly, he came upon a clearing. There wasn't much, only a few trees. He sat down for a bit, trying to figure out where to go next. The sun started to set, slowly making the sky an orange hue.

"I wonder where England is now," America thought to himself.

After a minute of resting, he decided to get back up and search for England again. As he was walking, he got a call. Pulling his phone out of his pocket, he saw that Germany was calling him.

"Yo, what's up," America greeted.

"England's presence on my land is flickering. I believe what ever blocked me from him before is slowly coming back. I'm still here taking care of Italy. You need to hurry and find him," Germany commanded.

"Got it."

The sun was gone now, and in place was the shining moon in the murky black of night. A few stars were twinkling merrily above him.

Hanging up, America started moving quicker. As he made more distance, he came upon a hill. Up on that hill was a tree, with half of it shrouded in darkness and the other half in plain sight. Leaning on that tree was a figure.

America ran up the hill to get a better look at the unknown figure. When he was a short distance from the top, he stopped and recognized the figure.

"It's England!" he thought shocked.

England was leaning on the tree, taking a bit of a rest. Looking up at the moon and thinking to himself, he never realised America walking up the hill. Kicking off from the tree, he started walking back down the other side of the hill.

"England!" America yelled out, coming closer to him.

England whipped around, seeing America. He quickly began running again, before America caught his wrist and stopped him.

"England, why are you running away from us? Why did you leave?"