Chapter 22

America paused outside of England's room watching as Canada left the house. He didn't know what to do now. Should he go talk to England? Should he leave him alone? Trying to figure out what to do, he stood awkwardly in front of England's door, rocking on the balls of his feet.

Finally coming to a decision, he pushed open the already creaked open door a bit more. He walked into the room, thinking he would see England awake. It was only 12 in the afternoon after all. But instead what he found was England fast asleep, eyes closed and his face peaceful. America paused, not knowing what to do.

He took one look at the Englishman's face and smiled, walking a bit closer. It was nice to see the Brit at peace, with no frown lines marking his face and his eyebrows un furrowed.

"I wonder what he's dreaming about?"

Peering over at the sleeping face, thoughts came into his mind. Thoughts that left him sad.

"I'm sorry, England. I didn't mean to mistreat you. I didn't mean to tease you further when you came here. But I swear that I'll make it right. After all, it's my duty as your hero to make sure! Wait, your hero?" America shook his head, trying to rid of the thought.

"But no matter what, I'll protect you. Don't worry. I'll never let you go again. I'll wait for you as long as it takes for you to open up. Even if it takes til the end of time."

Without thinking, America leaned over and whispered into England's ear, "I love you," and gently kissed him on his cheek. Making sure that England was tucked in properly, America padded out of the room, closing the door softly. Once outside, his cheeks blushed with the realisation of what he had did. Turning red in the face and covering his mouth in shock, his eyes widened.

"No," he thought furiously. "This isn't the time to be getting confused with my own conflicting feelings for him! He's my top priority!"

With a firm nod, America headed to his own room, suddenly feeling tired from all the pacing he had done outside while waiting for Canada to finish with England. Getting into bed, he took a nap, not waking up until later that day. His final thoughts were of the usually grumpy Brit in the next room, as his dreams took the same path as his thoughts.

Unbeknownst to him, after he left, England's eyes fluttered open tiredly, wondering if the faint whisper of America's voice was a dream. Or if the faint ghosting of America's lips were his imagination. Putting the pondering aside, England fell back asleep, his last thought being about the loud American in the next room. He fell into dreamland, dreaming of America.

Thanks guys for over 2k reads! Where are you guys coming from? I would usually be happier when writing this, but I'm really annoyed and upset right now. I just got back from volleyball and I didn't get to play much because other people didn't know what they were doing. Because of other people, my friends and I got dragged down. They're as annoyed as I am. And because we were on the lesser team last year, we don't get to do stuff that we could do. I'm just really annoyed and sad.

Edit: so I'm editing this a day later and realise, wow, I really was annoyed. Not that this day went much better, but eh. Yeah, I know, this is short. But I'm trying to figure out how to continue this onto the next big part.

See ya at the next update!
- Starlite