Chapter 8

England's POV

As I was being chased by Italy, multiple thoughts ran through my head. Why is Italy chasing me and not Germany? Will I be able to get away in time? Are there other countries here as well? Even if the other countries are here, how would they have gotten here so fast? Planes maybe? But it's only been less than a day! Even from the country the meeting was being held in would have been more time than that!

I ran through the city, dodging the various people that were along my path. I didn't dare look back for fear that I would trip and slow down. Making my way to the outskirts of town, I spotted the forest from earlier up ahead. If I can lose Italy in the forest and keep on going, I should be able to get away in time. Sprinting through the entrance, I jumped over the various tree roots that stuck out in my way. The forest was dimly lit due to the leaves overhead. As I was running and jumping, I heard a thud behind me.

The gentleman in me wanted to go make Italy was okay, assuming that he made that thump. But a bigger part of me won out and forced me to keep going. All I can hope is that someone will find him if he twisted his ankle.

I broke out of the forest and into a clearing. I slowed down my pace, and saw the sun begin to set. I started walking at a slow pace, trying to regain my energy. I could leisurely feel my magic coming back to me. My magical energy and physical stamina were loosely connected so me running didn't do much. I took a steady pace to make it across the large stretch of land, not going too slow or too fast. I eventually came upon a big hill that I walked up. Once I reached the top, I found a large looming tree. I leaned against it, taking a small break from all the running I had to do.

I watched the sun go down and the moon rise up to take its place. As I viewed the scenery changing, thoughts ran through my head. Would someone else come to try and find me as well? Why was Italy trying to chase me of all countries? He's not the country to chase after me for political reasons. I don't see any other reason for him to actually pursue me. Could it be...that...he actually cares about me? No. No one likes me. I'm destined to be alone for the rest of my country days.

"England!" I heard someone exclaim.

I turned around and saw America a tiny distance away from me. I quickly kicked off from the tree I was leaning against and started to run down the hill. A hand clasped my wrist as I stopped in motion. Looking back at America, I stared into his sky blue eyes that were filled with confusion and...worry? I must be seeing things.

"England, why are you running away from us? Why did you leave?" he asked me.

Different thoughts coursed through me. What do I do? Do I even want to answer him? Why is America here? Does he actually care about me? Why would he of all people be worried?

He continued persist, but I didn't want to tell him. It would just open up more teasing. I kept tugging my wrist, trying to keep away from his grip. But he was too strong.

My temper exploded in his face as I started yelling at him. I didn't say all that was on my mind. I just said what came to my mind. I felt bad for yelling at him like that, but it just bubbled over. I felt my magic come fully back to me. Quickly figuring out a way to get out of his grip, I teleported to a random place.

Fitting as we landed in America. His grip loosened on my wrist as I kept up the random teleporting. My hope was that he would get dizzy enough to let go of me. He finally let go after a few more teleports.

He let me go when we teleported into Canada. I quickly ran away. Something compelled me to look back at America. Looking back at him, I wanted to say so many things about why I was doing this. Just the emotions in his eyes made me want to say things. But instead, I left him standing there. Leaving him in the snow.