Chapter 44

"I love you."

England's final words rang in America's head over and over again. He couldn't focus on anything other than those three words.

"I love you."

Why couldn't have England stuck around for a few more seconds? Just a few more seconds and maybe America could have stopped him with his own few words. Right now, all the blonde wanted to do, was to hunt England down and tell him that he felt the same way. That England shouldn't have ran away in fear of rejection. Remorse was slowly starting to swallow him up.

"I should have been quicker. I should have realised why England was acting so strange. Why couldn't I have recognised the bracelet quicker and stopped him? Maybe then I wouldn't be sitting on this bench alone."

America tightly clenched the only thing that had stopped England from leaving. The object that had allowed him to spend all of this time with the tea loving country. He refused to let any tears drop, instead focusing his sorrow towards determination. Determination to bring England back. Determination to make England see that he wasn't the only one who felt that way.

"I will bring you back, England. I will make you see.  This time, it's my fault only that you ran away again. I will be the one to find you. Nobody else will be told. I'm coming to find you, England."

With his resolve strengthening, he nodded to himself. He would first head back home and sleep until the next morning. As soon as dawn appeared, he would head out to the first country he could think of. The country of England.

When the sun came out the next day, the burger loving country woke up.

"Ugh," he groaned mentally. "It's way too early. But the more time I waste here groaning about the time, the more sunlight I'm going to waste."

Eating breakfast hurriedly, he grabbed his things and prepared to leave. The time it took America to actually roll out of bed and get ready, allowed the sun to rise high in the sky. Imagining a place in England that might hold significance to the personification of said country, he teleported there, leaving behind a flash of white light.

Landing on his feet with no troubles, America looked around. The scenery surrounding him was just like how the other blonde had described it. Trees towered over him with the shadows looming. The sun was already in the sky, giving plenty of time for America to search the area. Nighttime was going to arrive soon, and America was determined to search England to find the runaway nation. Of course, there was the chance England wasn't here, but the exuberant country was going to take the risk.

So, how have all of you been this summer? The reason why I'm posting this today at this time, is because I wanted to get this chapter out of the way. The reason why I say that is because there's two, maybe three chapters left. It didn't feel right combining this chapter with the next one, so I wanted to post this now. I feel like this story has dragged on for too long, and should have been wrapped up a long time ago. So now, I'm taking the initiative and planning on finishing this next week or the week after that. I'll say everything about this book and how I feel about it when the last chapter gets posted. I want to be able to move onto other things without worrying about updating this one. Anyways, hope everyone is doing great!
See ya at the next update!
- Starlite