three

dakota +

i was lying back onto my bed, facing the ceiling and facetiming jonah about what happened.

"...and then he said that he only did it because he could tell that i was nervous, and he wanted to lighten up the mood or something".

"and did it?".

"well, except for being on the verge of tears when i thought he didn't recognise me, yeah i guess so" i shrugged.

"then congratulations, my best friend officially had a moment with the jack gilinsky" he began to clap his hands on camera and i playfully rolled my eyes.

"and i wish i could celebrate for longer, but my mom's calling me for dinner".

"oh okay, well i'll see you tomorrow" i spoke, before we quickly said our goodbyes and hung up the call.

i locked my phone and sat up, because i thought i'd go downstairs and see if my own dinner was ready, but i paused when i got a text message from an unknown number.

i narrowed my eyes and read the screen;

unknown:

hey

me:

hi...who is this?

unknown:

jack. jack gilinsky?

unknown:

this is olivia right? your best friend's cousin, sam gave me your number.

my eyes blinked countless times as i read over the messages again and again. was i seeing right? this olivia's number must be really similar to mine, because how else would jack get hold of it?

my heart suddenly raced as i thought of what i could do with this - this could be my opportunity to speak to jack like i've always wanted to.

but only for a few hours...or even days, because i've seen that catfish show and no one ever really gets a happy ending. i mean, if jack finds out that it's me, he's actually been talking to, he might never forgive me.

then again, if i don't take this chance, will he ever actually notice me?

without any hesitation, i typed a response into the small box and tapped send.

me:

oh yeah, that's right

me:

hey, how are you?

-

this was so short im sorry ily.

vote, comment and share.