twenty-five

jack's pov +

i walked out of my house, throwing and catching my car keys in my hand.

a car was beeping their horn a few times and i looked across the road, seeing jonah waiting impatiently for dakota.

i didn't even realise that i'd slowed down my walk to my car. but i just needed to see how she was after last night.

when she did leave her house, her eyes first landed on me. her smile instantly faded away until she reached jonah and got into his car without a second look.

it was pretty much what i expected, so i finally got into my own car and drove to pick up johnson from his house.

"hey man" he said when i arrived, giving me a quick bro hug.

"hey" i replied, pulling out of the parking spot and driving down the street again.

"thanks for picking me up today. my parents have still taken away my car rights after they found those blunts in my room" he said, plugging the aux cord into his phone.

"no problem".

ironically, johnson started to light up a blunt in the car. he released the smoke from his lips then held it out of window.

"seriously, i don't get why my parents were in there in the first place" he added, then gestured the roll up to me.

i denied then fell back into my own thoughts. i was trying to make myself feel better by debating if i should really feel bad for what crystal did to dakota.

but every time i did, the argument of me, breaking her privacy kept winning.

johnson glanced at me, "you good?".

i nodded, coming back to reality, "yeah, i just feel bad for what happened yesterday" i said, but he stared at me cluelessly. "to dakota".

"oh yeah" he remembered. "crystal was pretty savage for that. like it wasn't necessary to bring her father into the drama".

"tell me about it" i said, tapping my fingers against the wheel as we waited at the stop sign.

we were on our way to pick up sam next, so i drove down his street and parked in a free spot by his house.

i glanced at the backseats once the door opened and sam jumped in along with seriyah, and unfortunately, crystal too.

i groaned a loud, "what the fuck? what is she doing here?".

"well, good morning to you too" she blew me a kiss then put her seatbelt on.

"i never agreed to pick you up" i told.

"you never agreed to pick me up" seriyah mentioned.

"yes, but you didn't humilate dakota and expose her life to our friends" i argued.

crystal rolled her eyes, checking herself out in the rearview mirror, "you're still on that?".

"you need to apologise" i stated.

"no way" she scoffed and protested by sitting back in her seat, "why do you always defend her? she lied to you for weeks, jack".