thirty-two

jack's pov +

i blinked a few times to adjust to the light as my eyes gradually opened. i first noticed that i wasn't in my own, but it was one that i recognised.

the events after prom were partially a blur, but i remembered most parts. drinking a lot, which explains the mini headache i have, getting punched in the face by someone and then dakota.

my head suddenly flashed through the moment that we had last night. i kissed her and she kissed me, and i told her that i can never get her off my mind.

i turned over in the bed and was placed face to face with dakota. my lips turned into a smile as she stared back me.

"hi" she said. "good morning".

"morning" i lightly yawned. i then furrowed my eyebrows at the distant look she was giving me right now. "what's wrong?".

"last night, you had a few beers and you were pretty tipsy and...and i don't know if—".

"are you wondering if i remember what happened between us last night?" i cut her off.

she nervously nodded her head, so i chuckled and pulled my fingers through my hair.

"well then maybe this will answer your question" i edged my face closer to her's and softly connected our lips, taking hold of her cheek in the process.

i slowly pulled away as we both held a smile across our faces. but it was the morning and i hadn't brushed my teeth yet, so i clenched his teeth together.

"sorry about the morning breath" i apologised.

she smirked, "did it look like i cared?".

"no, not really" i laughed, giving her another kiss before she turned to get out of the bed.

i quickly stopped her by wrapping my arm around her.

"hey, don't leave" i groaned, nuzzling my face into her soft, dark hair and not wanting to let go.

"i'm not leaving" she giggled at the tickling sensation.

"then where are you going?".

"to the bathroom. i gotta do my morning pee".

"nope" i disagreed, then kissed her shoulder. "i need you in my presence to make up for all the time we spent apart".

dakota turned to me and gently stroked her hand across my cheek.

"i'll be two minutes" she confirmed, then pecked my lips and hurried to her ensuite bathroom.

while i waited, i scrolled through instagram on my phone. there was just a bunch of pictures from prom and connor's after party that i wasn't really interested in.

once dakota re-entered the room, i settled my phone back down and sat up in the bed.

"i was quick right?" she questioned.

i looked at her across in room, standing in just a big shirt, her hair unbrushed but falling perfectly, and the freckles on her face were clearer without any make up on.

"what?" she wondered.

"nothing" i shook my head, slowly licking my lips.

dakota narrowed her eyes at me and folded her arms across her chest tightly.