six

i sat down beside jonah with my lunch tray as i questioned the extending grin on his face.

"what's got you all smiley? didn't you just come out of chemistry?" i creased my brows.

"yeah, chemistry? as in one of the few classes that i have with connor?"

he gestured over at him sitting up on one of the tables, surrounded by many other football jocks who were laughing at something that he said.

i took a huge bite of my apple, "what moment did you two supposedly have this time?".

"well, adam isn't here today and neither is carmen, so connor had no choice but to be my partner for the lesson" he explained. "nothing majorly dramatic happened, expect for the fact that we reached for the test tube at the same time".

"and let me guess, you felt electricity and fireworks?" i mockingly suggested.

"wait, did i text this to you already or something?" he questioned, picking up his phone to see and i shook my head and laughed.

just before i munched on my apple again, my phone buzzed with a text message, and so did jonah's and a bunch of others around us.

i opened the text from the unknown number and it read:

party at my place tonight. 7 until late, don't miss out! - sam wilkinson.

"since when did sam wilkinson have our numbers?" i asked, settling my phone down again and taking a sip of my water.

"knowing him, he probably took them from the school files" jonah suggested. "but we're going".

his words almost caused me to choke on my drink, then i wiped the water that accidentally fell down my lips.

"that's not happening" i stated, focusing back on the food on my plate.

jonah dropped his shoulders, "i'm being serious, dakota. when do we ever go to parties? and caroline's fourteenth birthday bash a few years ago did not count".

i briefly remembered back to that horrific day and almost gave in, until i remembered.

"okay wait, you do realise what type of people are going to be there? one, being jack".

"so what? it's not like you're going to have to talk to him and reveal everything".

he was right, so i sighed and bit down on my lip nervously, trying to consider what jonah was saying until he nudged my shoulder.

"come on dakota, it'll be fun".

"what will be fun?" our friend, kelsey asked as she settled down on the seat opposite us.

"sam wilkinson's party" jonah replied.

she nodded her head, "oh yeah, i'm definitely going that. this is the first time that he hasn't made it exclusive for jocks, cheerleaders and anyone who's daddy bought them their mercedes".

kelsey was annoyingly right too.

"see, now can you please convince dakota to come?" jonah begged her.