seven

after countless hours of shopping, kelsey went home to get ready and said that she'd meet us later. whereas, jonah and i came back to my place so that he could treat me like his own personal doll.

i had just finished perfecting my make up by adding some highlighter until jonah instantly grabbed onto my shoulders and seated me onto my bed.

"do you promise not to do anything crazy to my hair?" i begged, as he pulled out my hair tie.

"i'm not promising anything" he sang.

i quickly turned to him, "jonah, i'm serious. it's just a high school party".

"yeah, yeah, just sit still" he ordered and began parting it in different ways to envision a bunch of hairstyles.

i couldn't see myself since the mirror was on the other side of my room, but after a while, jonah finally added some hair spray and guided me towards my mirror.

he smiled hugely at his masterpiece, "god, dakota. if only i wasn't gay" he said and i chuckled whilst playing with the loose curls that he put into my hair.

"so? what do you think?" he asked and i turned to gave him a smile and a hug.

"it's great, thank you" i said as i pulled away then checked the time on my phone. "okay, kelsey will be here any minute, so you need to hurry up and make yourself look hot too".

"don't worry dee, that won't take long" he called out as he went towards the bathroom and i playfully rolled my eyes at his huge ego.

+

we were never planning on arriving at the party for exactly seven, but it was just after eight and jonah, kelsey and i stepped out of his car and stood on the sidewalk opposite sam's house.

his dad is an ex-pro basketball player and his mom's a huge lawyer, so the large size of the house pretty much makes sense.

the street was filled with a bunch of cars and a few people bought the party and their red cups to the front lawn.

we walked down the path that lead to the front door, as every beat of the music playing was perfectly heard from outside.

a few eyes were settled on us and i noticed whispering here and there, but jonah rubbed my shoulder for comfort as if he had just read my mind. the door was unlocked, so we opened it and allowed the music to instantly grow louder and the humid smell of vodka, weed and sweat to hit our faces.

various boys' eyes settled on us as we entered and i even heard a few immature wolf-whistling over the music, which only made me cautiously begin to adjust my outfit.

as for the girls who are regulars to sam's parties, they began whispering to the people beside them and at least three times, i heard each of our names pop up in their conversations.

the song playing changed to luv by tory lanez, before an arm suddenly came and draped over my shoulder. i looked to my right to see derek luh, pulling me closer by his arm and elevating his eyes at my body.

"shit," he licked his lips. "what's your name, mami?" he slurred, spilling some of the drink out of the red cup in his hand.

"yo, derek" nate appeared and lightly pushed him to the side. "keep moving, my cousin is off limits".