fourteen

dakota +

ten minutes had passed and i still had no clue as to what i was exactly looking for.

i turned to jack, but he was no longer beside me so i looked around and found him reading a game in his hands.

i walked towards him, "i don't really think that world of warcraft is exactly nate's kind of thing".

"yeah" he awkwardly chuckled. "i know that".

he hastily put the game back and continued walking ahead me until i came to a realisation and folded my arms.

"what?" jack cluelessly asked.

i raised my eyebrow at him this time, long enough for him to break.

"okay, yes. football player jack gilinsky is a warcraft geek" he confessed. "go ahead, laugh all you want".

i couldn't help but start laughing as i held onto his arm to control myself.

"no...no, i'm not" his unamused face quickly caused me to suppress my laughter. "i actually like that you're into that".

jack scoffed, "that's a first".

"it proves that you're different" i elaborated. "so do you like sit in your room, playing the game with a pretend sword and try to slay dragons?".

he threw his head back and circled me to head for the exit, "okay, we're leaving".

i caught up with him and pulled his arm back to face me.

"i'm kidding, i'm kidding. but i'd kill to see that" i told.

"well, too bad because you're not going to. you're the only person that knows about this".

"seriously?" i somewhat responded in surprise. "why?".

"because it's embarrassing and..." he shrugged. "...and because i trust you".

my lips formed into a smile that i instantly tried to hide by tucking my hair behind my ear.

"i won't tell anyone, i promise. plus, i doubt anyone would believe me" i replied, whilst we started walking down the mall again.

"there you are, man!" sam's voice called from behind us. "you were supposed to be my wingman today, where have you been?".

"i've been hanging out with dakota" jack stated.

"i can see that but dude, i needed you" sam lightly hit his arm.

"okay, i'm sorry. next time, yeah?" jack put his arm around his best friend's shoulder as i walked alongside them.

"i should hope so. you're all loved up with this olivia, so you should be trying your hardest to get me with someone".

"um, so can you drop us at jack's place now?" i intentionally interrupted. "we really need to get this tutoring done".

sam childishly smirked, "oh, yeah - tutoring".

"stop" jack sternly told, although sam continued to laugh at his sexual thoughts until we went to find adrianna and seriyah and finally make our way home.