thirteen

dakota's pov +

after school, jack told me to meet him outside school, so that we could go to his place for another tutoring session.

i stood on the school steps, trying to see if i could spot him anywhere until i finally noticed him waiting by sammy's car.

he stood talking with sammy and also seriyah and adrianna, who i met at connor's party the other night.

i gradually approached them and played with the straps of my backpack on my shoulders.

"jack, i thought that we were going to your place for tutoring" i questioned.

his eyes widened as he suddenly remembered.

"oh yeah! we are".

"what?!" sam exclaimed. "no! you said you'd come to the mall today".

jack pushed his hair back, "shit, bro. i forgot".

"why doesn't dakota just come along?" seriyah suggested. "we'll drop you home on our way back".

i wasn't very fond of the idea, but jack turned to me apologetically to wait for a response.

"how does that sound? it'll be quick, i promise" he held his hands together.

"i could just go home and meet you there later?" i gestured behind me, starting to take a few steps back.

"come on, it'll be fun" adrianna told, running her hands through her jet black hair.

all four of them stared at me for a reply, so i subtly sighed and gave in. i'm sure it will only be for an hour or two.

"okay" i said, before we all got into sammy's black range rover and drove out of the school grounds.

after almost losing my hearing from how loud sammy managed to play drake's new album the whole journey there, we reached the mall and the girls instantly dragged us to every clothing store.

i love shopping, i really do. but seriyah and adrianna's taste in clothes is completely different to mine - i'm more skinny jeans or oversized shirts and they're high waisted shorts and crop tops.

so, shopping with them was incredibly hard, especially with how sam kept insisting to help us change into our clothes, but we obviously denied every single one of his offers.

once the girls had a bag or two filled with clothes, they started talking with jack and sam about some vacation that they all went to last year and how they'd love to go again.

i obviously had no input to add to that conversation, so i hung back and found my entertainment on my phone with all the memes that jonah kept sending me.

"sorry about all of this" jack leant over to me and said.

i was so focused on my phone that i never noticed him hang back from his friends and walk beside me.

"no, it's okay" i put my phone away. "i'm having fun — seriyah bought me a new top, adrianna was giving me extra make up tips, it's going well".

jack creased his brows with a smirk, showing me how bad i was at lying.

"really?" he inquired.