epilogue: part one

dakota's pov +

when i woke up this morning, i had to slyly pinch myself to make sure that i wasn't dreaming.

that i didn't dream about jack telling me that he loves me and that he wants to be with me, and me finally having my first time with the boy that i'm crazy about.

jack was still fast asleep beside me - i observed his hands adorably tucked underneath his head, his lips slightly parted and just how peaceful he looked.

i didn't want to disturb him, but i was in desperate need of a glass of water downstairs.

i threw on jack's hoodie that sat oversized on my body and a pair of small, pyjama shorts.

"where are you going?" jack's sleeply voice muttered, causing me to turn my head.

"just to get some water".

he sat up and dropped his legs off the side of the bed, "i'll get you some, i'm thirsty too".

"no, it's fine" i walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "i'll get it".

jack rested his muscular arms on my waist and slowly formed his lips into a smile, looking at me standing over him.

"last night was amazing" he said, playing with the fabric of his jumper.

i suppressed the grin that i could easily give him right now as i fast forwarded every detail of what happened in my head.

"i know. it really was" i nodded, leaning down to kiss him. jack locked his arms that still sat on my waist, hugging me closer to his body.

i instantly heard him moan against our lips. he brushed my bare thighs, signalling for me to straddle his lap. i cupped his cheeks, taking control and gradually began grinding against him.

i pulled away from the kiss with a smirk. jack looked at me with confusion until i glanced down at the tent growing on his crotch, and back up at his eyes.

"that's just morning wood" he tried to say, but i furrowed his brows at his poor explanation. "okay but what do you expect? you're sexy as hell, dakota".

i hid my blushing cheeks by rolling my eyes and climbing off him, "i still need water".

"i have to get going any ways - my mom's probably freaking out about where i am" jack stood and began to gather his scattered clothes.

"did you not tell her where you were?".

he scoffed with a laugh, "yeah, i just dropped her a text saying sorry got caught up last night having unbelievable sex with my girlfriend".

i paused from tying my hair up in the mirror, smiling greatly at his choice of words.

"girlfriend, huh?".

"yes" jack buttoned his jeans and sauntered over, looking at me through the mirror. "you, dakota sahar richards, are my girlfriend".

i wrapped my hairband around my bun one last time and turned to him, "wow, my full name. are you sure you're not proposing, jack?".

"please, you'll know that i'm proposing when it happens" jack threw on his shirt as i laughed, and followed me out of the bedroom.

we stayed in conversation all the way downstairs, with me trying to keep jack quiet with every dirty compliment he gave me.

we suddenly paused outside the kitchen as my mom and nate were sat in the kitchen, eating some breakfast.

i had completely forgot to check the time before coming down, but it was 12pm on a weekend so they were bound to be awake.