fifteen

dakota's pov +

i sat on jonah's desk chair, turning back and forth as i texted jack as olivia on my old phone.

i told myself that i was going to cut back from pretending to be her, because things are going pretty well with jack. i feel like him and i are actually starting to develop a real friendship.

but then that's the issue.

i don't want just a friendship and at least with olivia, he sees a romantic relationship with her.

jack:

😂 i seriously can't wait for the day that i meet you.

me:

yeah me too x

i sighed, locking my phone as i turned to jonah who was lying in his bed, still trying to recover from his cold.

"jack's been talking about meeting olivia lately" i told him.

"didn't you say that you'll stop once you got in too deep?" he said, following by a few sneezes.

"yeah, but talking to him everyday just feels like such a release from everything. he understands me and i understand him".

"wow, thanks" he replied with sarcasm.

"you know what i mean".

"what about facetiming?" jonah questioned. "has he ever asked you to do that?".

i huffed, "all the time, but i told him that my camera doesn't work. then with phone calls, i just say that i have strict parents, so they'll get suspicious".

"you've seriously got the answer to everything and i don't know whether that's a good thing or a bad thing" he spoke through his nasal cold and i rolled my eyes to respond.

i looked back down at my phone once i received a new text.

jack:

so olivia, sam's having another party this week. you should come along...

me:

really?

jack:

yeah and if you don't want to stay at sam's, we can just go and hang out somewhere else. just us.

i nervously bit down on in the inside of my cheek as i tried to find a reply.

"hey, do you know anyone that's going to sam's party this week?" i inquired.

jonah sat up a little in his bed, "connor invited me and if he's invited me, that means you and kelsey too. why?".

"well, jack wants olivia to come".

"what?!" he exclaimed. "you have to tell him that you can't or she can't or whatever, just tell him no".

"i was going to but if i keep making excuses, he'll start to get suspicious".

"okay, fine" he hesitated for a while. "just say that you'll come, but don't show up".

i narrowed my eyes, "isn't that bit messed up?".

"this whole situation is messed up, dee. doing this won't make a difference".

he was right, so i reopened the text and began typing.