thirty-nine

dakota's pov +

liam turned to close the front door and as soon as he faced me, i pushed him up against it and attached my lips to his.

he held onto my shoulders to hold me back in shock, but eventually relaxed and continued kissing me back.

i knew that it was clearly wrong, but i just needed to do something to shake off what was going on in my head. breathlessly, i pulled away and took liam's hand.

"come on" i said and lead him upstairs to his bedroom.

i've never had sex before, but loosing my virginity has never been a must for me or something that i feel pressured to do, but i want to now.

i want to get it over and done with with someone that i trust, so that i can get over whatever pestering emotion is in my head and heart whenever i look at jack or see him with crystal.

i took off liam's shirt once he sat on the bed and he took off mine before pulling me onto his body to continue moving his lips on mine.

he turned me over and started placing kisses on my neck, bringing his hand up my leg and soon to the button of my jeans.

the moment his hands touched that area, this all became too real to me that i started to struggle to breathe.

"wait, stop" i pushed him off and sat up, clutching onto my chest.

"what's wrong?" liam asked in concern.

i pushed my hair back and laid back down on the bed, "i'm sorry, liam" i began to cry. "i'm so sorry".

"hey, come here" he hugged me as he rested on his elbow against the pillow.

"i'm sorry, i shouldn't have done that" staying in his arms, i apologised whilst liam gently rubbed my topless back.

"...this is about jack, isn't it?" he eventually questioned.

i sat up and nodded, then pulled my shirt back on.

"i just can't get him out of my head" i confessed with a sigh. "it would have been easier if he was still just some crush that i had, but he's not anymore. he hurt me but i care about him so fucking much. i wonder what he's doing and thinking about every second - and i'm mostly praying that it has something to do with me".

liam nodded understandingly, tugging his fingers through his hair, "so you didn't mean any of what you just did?".

"maybe a little, i don't know. you're a great guy and my best friend and if everything never happened with jack, i think things would have been different between us".

"yeah. probably".

"i'm really sorry, liam. it's okay if you want me to leave".

"no" he quickly stopped me. "uh, it's okay. we can still go out for lunch - we can invite kels and jonah aswell to i guess, lighten the mood".

i smiled sweetly at him and lightly nodded, "sure".

+

the next day, coach was making us jog around the school gym as a gift for our last class ever.

i wasn't entirely sure where the gift fit into this, but it wasn't too bad considering my best friends were here too and we mostly just talk throughout this all.