2.

I wake up Sunday just before noon, it dawns on me how long I was asleep. I walk over to the bathroom connected to my room, to freshen up. I take a quick shower to relax my extremely tired body. I brush my teeth, then head of to get dressed. I choose a white skinny jean and a tight, gray t-shirt with gray ankle boots. Being satisfied with myself I head to kitchen for some food.

I take the time to really look at the place and it's beautiful. It lets the right amount of light in from the windows, it's sophisticated, clean and simple. It's big enough for both of us, and it looks cozy. I see Cate sitting in front of the TV watching some reality show with a bowl of cereal in her hand.

"Hey" I greet as I sit next to her on the couch.

"Hey sleeping beauty" he says with a smile on her face. "How was your hibernation?" she jokes with a smirk.

"Just what I needed." I reply. "I don't think I've ever been as tired as I was yesterday, that was the longest flight of my life." I chuckle softly. I snatch the bowl out of her hand as I eat some of her cereal.

"Hey" she drags out in protest. She takes the bowl from me as she scowls at me.

"I'm so hungry" I groan. "What the hell are you watching anyways?" I ask her as I turn to the TV.

"Geordie shore" she says. "But it's getting kind of too much now, you know." She stands up and walks to the kitchen. "You want to go get brunch? there's a cute café not too far from here." she asks me.

"Yeah." I reply as I watch her look for her car keys. Once she locates them we head over her car and we drive to the café. We step into the café and I like it immediately. It looks cozy and warm. The walls are painted cream a peach color with designs and pictures here and there. It smells heavenly in here.

We find a table at the window and we take our seats there. Shortly after taking our seats a waiter arrives to take our order. I order a hot chocolate with pancakes and Cate orders a muffin and a coffee.

"So are you ready for your first day at work tomorrow?" Cate asks me.

"To be honest, I'm a bit nervous and excited. I don't really know what to expect." I say to her as the waiter arrives with our food.

"You'll be okay. I was also like that when I moved here two weeks back. I was scared out of my mind because I knew no one here and I hardly knew where I was, but it's extremely fun working at the practice so far. The people are nice, it's just awesome." She shrugs.

"Well at least I got you with me" I tell her. She smiles at me and we continue talking about work and she tells me about the people she has met so far, places we should visit and the attractive guy she met who happens to live in the same building.

Sometime during the conversation I decide to look up and I swear I have never seen anyone or anything that beautiful. At the table in front of us sits one of the most attractive human beings I have ever seen. He has jet black hair styled in a small quiff. His skin is a beautiful bronze color. He eyes are brown but it looks like there are specs of gold in them. Clean shaven jaw, sharp enough to cut through glass. He has long dark eyelashes framing his beautiful eyes. I'm jealous to be honest. He has on a white shirt which sits snugly against his lean but muscular figure. Pink plump lips and a perfect nose. He is truly beautiful, in an effortless sort of way.

I can tell that Cate is still talking to me but I have no idea as to what she's saying. My eyes remain on the stranger as they study every move he makes. I think I stare too long because suddenly he looks up and his eyes lock immediately with mine. Shit he caught me staring.

I try to look away and act like I wasn't just staring creepily at him but it's no use. I freeze and I continue to look at him. He looks at me for a few seconds with a blank expression, before smirking at me. Suddenly I become shy and I want the earth to swallow me whole. His eyes then shift to the person seated with him. I didn't even realize that he was here with someone. Because her back Is turned to me, I only see beautiful blond hair cascading down her back. I will myself to look at away from him, back to Cate and to pretend like I was listening to her all along.

"You weren't paying attention, were you?" Cate states as I agree to whatever she just said. I smile shyly at her.

"Sorry, something caught my attention and I zoned out a bit." She hums sarcastically as she takes a sip from her coffee.

I feel my scalp prickle and my heartrate increasing and I know he's looking at me. I try not to look up and act 'cool' but it's impossible. I finally look up and I am proven right when I see him looking at me. He looks unbothered that I caught him staring at me this time. His eyes stay on mine for what feels like hours, before they wander across my face. He catches my eyes once more before talking to the girl in front of him. I look away, feeling a strange emotion in the pit of my stomach.

Me and Cate decide to head home after our meal. She drops me off at the lobby because she has a few papers to drop off at a colleague's house. I get to the elevator in the lobby just as the doors start to close. Luckily someone sees me and holds the doors open for me to step in. I turn to thank the person and I'm surprised by the attractive man facing me.

What is it with all these attractive men?

"Thanks" I say. He smiles at me and the first thing I notice are the deep dimples denting his cheeks.

"No problem" he replies. "Are you visiting someone?" he asks. I find it weird that, that is the first thing he asks and I'm not sure what to answer. "Oh sorry it's just I've never seen you here before." he explains.

"Oh yeah. I just moved here yesterday."

"From where?" He asks. "I can't help but notice a bit of an accent." I can't decide if he's just being nice or nosy.

"South Africa." I say. I now realize that we are completely alone in this elevator.

"Oh, you don't sound like it." he looks surprised for some reason. "Oh, I'm Trevor by the way"

"Melony" I shake his hand. "and believe me, none of us sound like you think we do." We chuckle at that as we reach my floor. "well this is my stop, so bye..." I say as I step out.

"See you around." he says as the doors close.

Vo~&T