5.

Monday, I ride with Cate to work and we stop to get coffee before heading to work. That's how the next two weeks are spent, us riding together every day in the morning, getting coffee and driving together again after we finish at work.

I've not seen 'Mr. Hunk' as Cate calls him since the club. He always drops Zoe off and picks her up but he never comes in, he just stops outside for her. I have decided not to entertain myself with silly ideas that me and him will ever be more than strangers.

Zoe though has opened up a bit to me but she still hardly talks but at least she's not ignoring me anymore. I gave her a speech about how she's wasting her parents' money and time by closing off and by continuing like this is only going to affect her negatively, that faster I can help her and be there for her, the faster she can get rid of me. I was not happy that that last part is what got her to open up. Nonetheless we have been making progress.

So in the last week of the first month since working here, I wait for Zoe to come since its Wednesday. There's a light knock on my door though and I'm quite surprised since Zoe never knocks, so I stand up and walk to the door to open it. My heart nearly stops when I see Zayn standing there, with no Zoe anywhere near him.

"Come in please" I'm nervous and confused as to why he's here "is Zoe okay?" is the first thing I think of.

"She's okay, no need to worry." he says and clears his throat "I came to speak to you actually" he says in a low voice as he sits down on the chair in front of my desk.

"What can I help you with?"

"As you can see, Zoe will not be here today because she's visiting a family member and I came to ask how she's holding up here."

"Okay well I can't give you details as you know, but we still have a lot to go through but it's getting easier and she's starting to open up."

"That is good to hear Ms. Reed, I hope she's not too much trouble." why is he being so formal?

"It is my job after all Mr. Malik" I say and I surprise myself with how professional I'm being.

"I apologize for taking your time Ms. Reed"

"It's okay, I was just headed home after my session with Zoe anyway." I say and gather my things to leave and lock up. He exits my office and I follow behind. We walk to the elevator in complete silence and it takes everything in me not to turn my head and stare at him. I press the elevator button to the ground floor and after a few seconds the elevator doors open and we step in.

I keep staring at the doors as he steps in, standing close to me. As the doors close I force myself not to look at him, but it's so hard. Because of his proximity, I grasp that we are alone in a confined space. I can smell his musky cologne from how close he is, and I can almost feel the heat that's radiating from his body.

Unable to stop myself I look at him and my breath catches in my throat as I find him already looking at me. Something flashes through his eyes and they look almost darker.

Suddenly seconds feel like hours as he stares into my eyes, and his eyes flicker to my mouth for a while. I just stand there immobile, frozen yet my body feels like it's on fire, anticipating what he's going to do next. He leans his face in, slowly moving towards my face. His face is inches from mine and his gaze remains on my lips. Just as I lean closer, staring at his full pink lips, the elevator doors open and he steps away, clearing his throat. I can't help but notice the slight disappointment creeping into my chest.

Was I really going to kiss someone I hardly know? What the hell just happened!?

"Good bye Ms. Reed" he rasps, his voice husky and low.