17.

It's been almost two weeks since I last saw Zayn. It's now Friday and he came back a few days ago. We've been too busy to see one another. We've just been calling and texting one another. Maybe I should pay him a surprise visit. Yes, I should. With that I make up my mind and continue my day as usual.

Since I don't have a car yet this side, I ask Cate to drive me to Zayn's. now that I think about it, this was a dumb idea. He might not even be home yet. Another thought comes to mind, I've never driven there without Zayn or Jake, so hopefully I remember the way.

After half an hour of driving and getting lost a few times, we finally make it to his building. Thanking Cate, I exit the car and make my way to his lobby. Standing there another thought comes to mind, I don't even know what numbers to press to get to his floor. Surprised at my own stupidity, I walk over the desk and ask the Lady if she could help me out.

"Is he expecting you, ma'am?"

"Uh no."

"Okay let me call Mr. Malik and I'll let you know." She picks up the phone and if I didn't know better I'd say she's blushing over the phone. "Good evening Mr. Malik. There is someone to see you down here and I was wondering if I should send her in?... It's Ms..?" she looks at me questioningly and I mouth 'Reed' to her and she nods, continuing with the call. "It's a Ms. Reed... of course sir... enjoy your evening." she ends the call and looks up to me telling me she'll get me there; I should just enter the elevator. Following her instructions, I head over to the elevator.

Excitement bubbles in me as I wait to reach his floor. I realize now that I would never tire of seeing Zayn. Just thinking about him puts a smile to my face. When the doors open I find him waiting for me in the foyer with a sly smile on his face. Making my way over to him, I kiss him without a single word uttered. Surprising the both of us.

Now that he's in front of me, I realize just how much I've missed him, his smell, his touch, his lips. Heck just everything about him. I drop my bag onto the floor as he deepens the kiss, claiming dominance, and I don't mind a bit. He pulls me impossibly close as we kiss.

Finally breaking away, he looks down at me with a smug smile. "Missed me?" I want to answer with a smartass comment but at the moment I can't because I truly missed him, perhaps more than I should. He walks me to the couch where we sit closely.

"Just thought I'd come surprise you." I shrug.

"I'm glad you did. I've missed you, you know."

"With the way you kissed me, I can imagine." I know I'm the one practically jumped him just now but hey.

"You practically attacked me just now, without a simple hi." he shakes his head in mock disappointment and I can't help but smile with my eyes trained on his lips. They look so kissable. I kiss him softly once again.

"Hi." I smile at him as he puts his arm around me. "So how did the business trip go?" I ask him. His eyes light up as he tells me about the deal he got- even if he was irritated that he had to prolong his stay. He talks about doing a bit of sightseeing-which he claims was boring. In return I tell him about my uneventful two weeks, same clients, a breakthrough here and there but nothing major.

"I really have missed you Mel." he says as he caresses my cheek. Without a second thought he leans in and captures my lips with his. The sweet kiss turns to a heated one. I'd be lying if I said I minded. He cups my face and eases me back onto the couch not breaking the kiss. He pries my legs apart with his knee and he lowers himself between my legs.

He balances himself with his left elbow while his right hand moves to my thighs. Moving up and down with sweet caress. His lips leave mine and move to my jaw, slowly descending to my neck where he peppers soft kisses. He bites down softly on my sweet spot causing me to moan in response.

My breath hitches as his warm hand makes its way underneath my shirt, toying with the waistband of my dark jeans. I know I'm going to have to stop him soon because I don't want to take this too far. Asif reading my mind, he bites down on my earlobe and whispers "Relax, I know." he kisses under my ear once "let me just try something okay?" his hot minty breath fanning against my neck.

He crashes his lips on mine again, feverish and slightly rough. He manages to pop open one button on my jeans. His kiss is rushed, filled with passion and what feels like desperation whereas his hands move slow and sensual, taking their time as if getting to know my body first. I'm panting, out of breath. "Zayn." I breathe as he moves to open my zipper. I arch my back of the couch as he continues to assault my neck with kisses, bites and licks. My hands fisting his soft hair, causing him to groan into my neck.

I'm not entirely oblivious to his hard on, pressing against my thigh. Zayn moves to remove my shirt but then we hear the elevator doors ding and sounds of laughter fill the apartment.

"Shit." I jump away from Zayn, fixing my clothes and hair watching as he does the same. Zayn looks as surprised as I do, maybe even worried. Still trying to catch my breath, I sit there on the couch. Zayn winks at me before a middle aged man and woman walk inside, laughing to themselves. They stop though as soon as they see me and Zayn sitting on the couch. We stand out of respect.

"Zayn." the man says in acknowledgement. The resemblance between him and Zayn is striking. His skin is a bit darker than Zayn's, but they have the same eyes, same dark hair, with the exception of a few gray ones. He's dressed in a dark fitted suit. He looks intimidating.

The woman though, is dressed in some dark jeans and a closed coat. She is beautiful. She has a smile on her face and I can see a resemblance between her and Zayn also. I see where Zayn gets his looks from. Then it dawns on me, I might be looking at his parents right now. Please don't be his parent I mentally beg. My eyes widen as I begin to stress about they would think of me.

The woman walks to Zayn and hugs him tightly before kissing his cheek. He smiles down and returns her kiss. "Hey mum" oh screw me I mentally say to whoever is listening. I don't know if they even saw us on the couch. I truly hope they didn't. That wouldn't make the best first impression. She turns to me with a smile and shakes my hand. "Mum this is Melony. Melony this Is my mom, Trisha and my dad Yasser" he gestures to his father who's made his way over to us.

"Nice to meet you, sir." I say and shake his father's hand.

"Oh need to call me sir" Yasser laughs

"So what brings you this side?" Zayn asks his parents whilst I awkwardly stand close.

"We were around and thought we'd come up for a cup of coffee. We missed our baby."

"Trish he's a grown man, stop hovering the poor boy." Zayn mumbles an exasperated thank you as he moves to the kitchen. I'm assuming to make coffee for his parents.

He leaves and I'm left alone with his parents. We all sit on the couch and Trisha speaks first.

"So how long have you known Zayn?" I find the question strange, but not wishing for an awkward silence, I decide on answering.

"We met beginning of this year when I moved, so almost 3 months"

"Oh? Where did you move from?" This time it's Yasser who asks in a kind voice. He looks intimidating and stern but once you talk to him, he's like a normal dad.

"From South Africa." I say with smile.

"Oh that's lovely. Honey we should go there on vacation sometime.'' Trisha says to her husband. Just as she says that Zayn enters and gives everyone a cup of coffee. He hands me mine and I expect him to sit close but he leaves a noticeable space between us.

Telling myself that it's nothing, I let it go but as the conversation continues I realize that it is something. He hardly looks my way. It seems as though he's avoiding me. Throughout the whole visit, he doesn't attempt to touch me or anything.

"Zayn I met a pretty young girl, I think you'd like her, good background and everything" Yasser suddenly says. I wait for Zayn to reply. Too scared to look at his parents' facial expressions when they hear the news. Finally, he replies.

"Oh?" is all he says, sipping on his coffee.

I'm in utter disbelieve.