18.

Oh?

Is he considering it? I guess we're not dating then. I think it's time that I leave. I clear my throat and stand up. everyone's eyes move to me.

"Excuse me, but I have to get home." I say politely.

"Oh, really?" Yasser asks.

"Yes, I have early consult tomorrow."

"Oh? What do you do?" Yasser asks again with Zayn and Trisha looking on.

"I'm a psychologist." I say. Yasser nods with what I assume is an impressed or slightly surprised look.

"Okay father, enough with the 20 questions." Zayn stands up and looks to me "Let me walk you out." He demands. I say my goodbyes to his parents and we head out. "how are you getting home?"

"Uh, I'll just take a cab or call Cate." I shrug, looking at him, waiting for him. Waiting for him to at least explain to me. He doesn't. maybe I'm overreacting right?

"I already told Jake to take you home. Thought you'd need a ride. It's getting late."

"Zayn I'm not three, I can get myself home." I say sharply.

"Okay babe, just trying to help" even when I'm mad at him that word still gives me butterflies. He leans in, only resulting in me leaning back and he sighs taking a step back again. "Look Mel, I know you're mad at me right now but I couldn't tell them right now okay?"

"Why Zayn? This has been going on for almost two months." I say exasperated "what, are you going to wait until this relationship finally ends before telling them?"

"I will, but you don't know how my parents can get about these things and I didn't want them to ruin the night."

"They didn't have to because you did that all on your own. I don't want to be your little toy."

"You're not. Can you just listen to me! I'll tell them just give me time okay."

"Okay." I say too tired to reply with anything else. "Well, I'll see you later." I turn around and make it out the lobby where surprise? I find Jake waiting for me.

"Don't be mad at me. I'll make it up to you." I guess he followed me out. He turns me around and pulls me into his arms.

"I don't want you to make it up to me, I want you to make up your mind."

"Okay can we talk about this later when my parents are not waiting on me?" I roll my eyes and he leans in to kiss me again. But I turn my head and he kisses my cheek. "really Mel?"

"Wouldn't want to ruin your chances with that cute girl you'll like." He rolls his eyes and I take a step back. "I have to go. Thanks for the ride." Without another word I step into the car. Leaving an irritated looking Zayn behind.

By Monday, I haven't talked to Zayn yet. He called and I didn't answer obviously. What did he even mean by "I don't know his parents are with these things"? I think we should take time to decide what we both want out of this relationship because right now it feels like he always gets my hopes up, just to crush them later.

Making my way out of my office, I run into Cate and we walk together to the lounge for some lunch. I told her about what happened yesterday and I think she likes Zayn much less than she did before.

"So plans for tonight?" Cate asks as we sit on one of the couches." I'm in the mood for some fat-making foods today."

"First of all, you're always in the mood for that. Secondly, no I don't." I say as Nathan, one of our colleagues sits by us, and soon enough we have our own little groupie formed. I throw a jelly bean in Nathan's mouth, but it lands on his eye causing us all to laugh loudly.