9.

Friday night comes around and my excitement can't be tamed. Zayn said it's a proper date and that I should dress nice. I decide on wearing a red number, it hugs my body perfectly but not too much, it reaches just above my knees, so its elegant and sexy all at once. I pair it with black heels and light make-up with my hair curled. Shortly after, Zayn arrives looking as immaculate as ever in his tight fitting black suit.

We're at a restaurant and I must admit, It's beautiful with high ceilings and extravagant chandeliers, with candles and beautiful decorated tables. I've been to my share of fancy restaurants but none can compare to this one. We get to the front where a petite blond is standing and she smiles as she sees us approach but her eyes linger on Zayn for a while.

"Good evening Mr. Malik." he nods while putting his hand on my lower back. Zayn must be a regular here since she already knows him. "Your table is ready, I'll lead the way." she smiles, hardly glancing my way. She walks us to our table and leaves shortly, telling us that she'll send a waiter to our table.

Shortly after we sit a waiter comes, and to my luck it's a guy. I don't think I can handle anymore girls ogling my date, I sound petty, I know.

ZAYN'S POV.

Seconds after we sit, a young boy comes to take our order.

"Good afternoon, I am Jay and I'll be your waiter for tonight." he places menus on our table "Would you like to order drinks?"

"Some wine?" I direct my question to Mel, who looks up a me, then she glances at the waiter to nod with a smile on her face. I think it's the first time he's actually taken time to study her features because he can't keep his damn eyes off of her. He gazes at her face then his eyes move lower to her chest and her body. She's oblivious the whole time.

I'm about two seconds from bashing his damn face when he seems to realize that he's staring too long, he glances at me and I scowl at him. Yes, she's mine. I order two glasses of wine and dismiss him before I lose my shit. Trying to hide my annoyance I glance at Mel at she studies the menu with an adorable frown on her face. I've been in bad mood today due useless meeting with useless people wasting my time and money. It's like people made it their personal goal today to piss me off.

But looking at Mel from across the table, with that adorable frown and slight pout, my irritation seems to fade away. She's been doing that a lot lately, whenever I feel like this I call her and we talk about pointless things really and it's mostly her talking about her day or why she's mad about greys anatomy or some other series but it puts me in a better mood nonetheless.

"What?" she asks and I realize that I've been staring at her.

"Nothing, you're just beautiful." I say earnestly and she looks down with a sheepish smile which makes it impossible to hold mine in. I like seeing her so shy, it just proves to me that I have an effect on her. "So how was work today?"

I don't think she realizes but her eyes light up immediately and her smiles grows and it really is amazing to see how she loves what she's doing, to see so much passion in a person, it truly amazes me. For a moment, I wonder if she ever lights up like this when she talks about me, if she ever talks about me.

She goes onto a full discussion about one patient that finally opened up, leaving details out because its "confidential" she talks about how she almost fell in front of almost the whole staff during a meeting. I can't help but smile at how cute she is when she rambles.

The whole night consists of us talking and learning some new things about one another. We order food and the waiter still stares at her every time he comes to the table. Melony doesn't notice, she damn smiles and thanks him every time he comes around. When the bill comes, I'm relieved because I won't have to be annoyed at the men staring at her the entire night.