23.

He must be joking right? Does he even make jokes? No. I don't think I've ever heard him tell a joke. I take out my phone and I dial his number immediately. He picks up on the second ring.

"Hey baby." he says coolly. Internally I swoon at the word baby, I don't think I would ever want him to stop calling me that.

"Were you serious?" I get straight to the point.

"Yeah." is all he says.

"But don't you think it's a little too soon." he sighs.

"Weren't you the one mad at me for not introducing you to my parents."

"No. I was mad because you didn't tell them while I was there with them. I didn't want to meet them so soon, I just wanted them to know that I exist."

"Mel, make up your mind. Do you want come to the dinner or not?" he says, his voice is laced with irritation.

"I uh-" The words get stuck in my throat and he just sighs.

"Look, I can't talk about this now. I'll visit you sometime during the week, then we'll talk, okay babe?"

"Okay babe." he doesn't end the call and I almost have heart attack. Babe? I have never ever called him that and it sounds so stupid coming from me. Gosh I wish I could take I back. He's quiet for few seconds, I can almost hear the grin on his face. "Okay. Bye." I rush out before ending the call. Taking a deep breath, I turn around and head to building.

I enter the glass doors and the first person I see is Nina. She greets me and follows me to my office to give me messages and the agenda for the day. My phone on the table vibrates and Zayn's name appears on the screen. Nina eyes the phone between us and I choose to ignore his text. he sends another one and I peak at the screen.

Zayn: Babe? J I liked it.

He's making fun of me. I roll my eyes but another text comes in. from Zayn of course.

Zayn: I enjoyed the weekend with you baby. Especially Sunday. I still have the marks you gave me.

Nina looks away quickly but I know she saw. Now would be a good time to disappear. I quickly turn the phone around and I avoid Nina's eyes. Gosh she probably thinks the worst right now. I want to hit Zayn right about now. He's doing it on purpose. We wrap the meeting up and Nina exists my office. I take a deep breath before picking up my phone again.

Me: Zayn stop.

Me: Shouldn't you be "Busy" like you said. Stop bothering me at work.

He doesn't answer but he calls and I pick up immediately.

"Hey, shouldn't you be at work?" I ask. He laughs at me and I wonder what the hell is so funny.

"Hey Babe. I was just messing around. Did you get in safely?" my heart warms at his concern.

"Yeah thank you for dropping me off."

"It's nothing babe. Now I really should get started on work. Enjoy your day baby."

"Thanks. You too." I expect him to end the call, but he doesn't.

"You forgot something." Did I leave something in his car? "Say it." now I know what he wants. I open my mouth to protest but he speaks first. "If you don't say it, I'm not going to end the call." I could end the call myself, but he knows that I wouldn't. I keep quiet for a second. "I'm waiting."

"Zayn you can't be serious right now." He stays quiet this time. I groan and clear my throat. I open my mouth but a giggle comes out. I mumble quietly and Zayn chuckles. Why am I getting all shy now? "Okay bye baby." it feels weird saying it to him. It feels like a word only he can say right. He chuckles at my awkwardness before speaking.