50.

"Uh come in." We both walk into his place and the door shuts behind us. we both look nervous and I think it's because we know that this could be the end. "Take a seat. I'll be right back." He heads to the kitchen and he pours us each a glass of wine. When he returns, he takes off his leather jacket before taking a seat next to me. I thank him as I take the wine glass from him.

"So..." I awkwardly say. he chuckles.

"So. Well I made up my mind and I just..." he runs his fingers through his hair and he sighs out loud. "We have a lot of issues when It comes to our relationship. It's been like that since the beginning. We weren't always on the same page and it is frustrating as hell."

"I know and I agree but-" He puts his finger on my mouth to keep me quiet.

"Shush." He smirks a little. "These last few month with you, have been everything to me. even if half the time was spent fighting, the fact that the time was with you, makes it worthwhile. I wouldn't exchange them for anything. You are amazing and I know it was tough sometimes being with me and I was a dick sometimes and for that I truly am sorry. I wouldn't want to change what happened between us but I wouldn't want to go back either." He looks all serious and the last sentence sinks in. My face and my heart drop.

Oh my gosh. This is what I was afraid of. We're done.

No. I won't give up.

I won't let it end without telling him how I feel.

"I don't want to go back there, because I want to move forward with you." I don't hear that though because I'm freaking out inside. My mind still stuck on his previous words. "I'm in love with you Melony Reed." I don't hear that either because that's when I start babbling.

"Look Zayn I know we've had our ups and downs and they were hard on both of us but I realized today that those little ups and downs are what made us, us. Regardless of them, I was for the first time in a long time, truly happy. You made me happy Zayn." I stand up as I start pacing around in front of him. "I realized that I found what I've been looking for, my whole life and I didn't even know what it is, I was searching for. But you're it for me Zayn. You mean the world to me. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I lost you. the thought of it, makes me sick. I know I'm a lot to deal with sometimes and I overreact now and then. But I just want you to know how I feel about you."

Zayn stands up and he has a huge ass smile on his face and I gape at him. why the hell is he smiling? I try to ignore him as I pour my heart out to him.

"No listen Zayn. This may be goodbye and I know you don't feel the same but I just want you to know that you make me happy and even if you don't want to be with me anymore. I'm glad that I had you in my life. You are everything to me and I love everything about you, your personality, your face, your humor, your ambition, determination, your heart, even your caveman tendencies."

He moves toward me and he grabs my face in his hands. He pulls me towards him so we're standing against each other.

"Can you shut up for once." He's smiling at me. "did you hear what I just said?"

"Yeah you said you don't want to go back to how we were and-." He kisses me, and effectively, I shut up. he kisses me sweetly and he's taking his time. I forget all about what I wanted to say. he reluctantly pulls back. He's serious again but I can see a little bit of amusement.

"I'm in love with you Mel."

"You're what?" I screech. He just smiles back at me. my mouth is hanging open. "Zayn I'm serious, if this is a joke then it's not funny at all. I'm trying to tell you that I love you and that I don't want to lose you and you're-." he cuts me off again.