19.

It's time to stop being childish and just get it over with. With that thought, I take out my phone to finally text him.

Me: Hey. Are you coming tomorrow night?

My birthday is on Sunday but because nobody wants to go to work with a raging hangover, we decided to go out on Saturday, which is tomorrow. It's nothing big, just dinner in the evening and then we all heading to a club for the rest of the night.

Honestly I don't even know where me and Zayn stand right now. It sounded like he was done with our relationship but he never spoke to me after that and I never attempted to talk to him either, after he left my office on Monday. But because we can't stay away too long, we've texted a few times throughout the week This is what I was talking about. He gets my hopes up only to crush them later. When he asked me to be his girlfriend I thought for sure we'll be over all these insecurities and uncertainties. But it looks like they're just getting worse.

Not long after I click send, I get a reply from him. Zayn: Do you want me to come?

Me: More than you know!

it's true though. No matter where we stand I'll always want to be close to him. Not talking to Zayn is torture. I have never missed someone as much as I miss Zayn whenever we give each other the silent treatment, which seems to become a norm whenever we have a problem or argument.

Zayn: I'm shocked Melony. Who knew you talked like that.

What the hell is he talking about? I'm confused. That is until I read over our messages again and I can't help but laugh. Oh Zayn. If he's joking around, it means we're out of the danger zone, right?

Me: No. Ew that's not what I meant.

Zayn: Kidding babe. Seriously though I'll come. Only because you were flirting with me.

He always puts a smile on my face, no denying that. We talk about the details for tomorrow and he says he'll meet me at the restaurant and then we'll head to the club together. We shouldn't brush our problems under the carpet like this but we decided to talk everything out after the weekend so that we don't, as he says "Ruin my birthday". I'm thankful for that.

We walk into the elegant restaurant. It's beautiful and cozy. Decorated with beautiful dark, tables and black chairs. White roses and candles decorating the table. We head to the reception where a waiter leads us to our table. I'm honestly excited, but even I can't ignore the longing to see a particular person tonight.

We all take our seats at the table big enough for ten people. Cate sits on my right side. Next to her it's Trevor. On my left sits Mark with an open chair between us. He knows me well enough to know that I would want to sit next to Zayn. Then on the other side of the table is Nathan, Luke, Carla then Ana and Jennifer, friends from work.

Someone puts their hand on my bare shoulder. I'm facing away from the person but by the electricity shooting through my spine and the coldness I feel from rings; I know it can only be Zayn. Cheesy I know. My body moves on its own accord as I leap out of my chair and hug him as tight as I possibly can.

"Hey Baby." He whispers in my ear as he slowly circles his arms around me. I respond with a simple "Hi" I couldn't possibly tell him how glad I am to see him or how impeccable he looks because I'm too distracted by the warmth he radiates, his smell and the way his body fits perfectly with mine.

He kisses me on the cheek as we take our seats. His hand immediately moves to my left one as he intertwines our fingers. I squeeze his hand as the waiter arrives to ask for our orders. The rest of the dinner goes smoothly. Zayn is actually talking to everyone else, laughing and I'm glad he's enjoying himself. Not once does he let go of my hand. Before I know it, we're paying and heading to the club.