33.

The Wednesday, I go the office and I get shown around and we have an introduction to what we'll be doing here. They tell us we will be receiving an evaluation before we can be part of the research. Besides a few confused faces, no one seems to be bothered by it. We are also informed that after the evaluations have taken place, there will be a meet and greet for us to get to know each other. Since it'll be on a Thursday, we get Friday and the whole weekend off. The real work starts on Monday.

We are given times to for our evaluation, and thankfully I'm given a time today. Not before long it's my time to go in and to be honest I'm a little nervous. I step into the office and I'm greeted by a lady, probably in her mid-50's she has sparkling blue eyes and a very blond, greying hair. she greets me with a smile and gestures me to take a seat. Rather than sitting across from me at the desk she makes us sit on the chairs at the corner of her office, separated by a small round table. I know this to make me more comfortable and it works.

"Pleasure to meet you Miss Reed. I'm Miss West." She shakes my hand.

"Like wise, Miss West."

"Okay, so let's get down to business shall we." I reply with a quick yes and she smiles before looking down on her clipboard. "I hope you've been enjoying your stay so far."

"Yes. I have. Thank you."

"So I've been looking through your file and for someone who has just started her career, it's pretty impressive. I've heard some good things about you." I thank her with a smile and she continues. "As you know, during this research we will be studying people's reactions to certain situations as well as the impact it may have on the individuals. We have been busy with this research for a number of years and I'm sure you can imagine how important this is and how much work has gone into insuring its success."

"Yes mam."

"Okay now some of these events will be violent and disturbing. We choose the people who have the best capabilities and are able to deal with these situations professionally. Since you are a psychologist, I assume you can handle that."

"Yes, I assure you ma'am."

"Good now. If there are things that bother you or may trigger some reactions to you, please let us know before we start this research. A program will be given to you, then you can look through it in detail and let me know." She looks at me briefly for confirmation. "Now Miss Reed I hope you understand that you will be very busy during this period and it will take its toll on you, both emotionally and physically."

"Yes ma'am."

"Also I hope you're aware that whatever we do here is confidential and no one outside of this project may know what is happening unless we allow results and such to be released to the public." I nod my head and she smiles. She continues to tell me a few other details and requirements for my stay and after a few questions I'm good to go. we say our goodbyes and I exit.

I decide to walk around the facility so I can know where everything is and to get used to the place. This facility feels like a normal workplace but it has that clinical feel to it. I'm looking at some kind of poster when I bump into someone. A guy is standing in front of me with his eyes on the papers he just dropped.

"Oh I'm so sorry." Why does this always happen to me? Me and my damn clumsiness. I internally roll my eyes myself as I bend down to help him pick them up."

"It's okay." He says as he stands up and he extends his hand to me. He's attractive, not as attractive as Zayn but he's got he's own thing going. He's got the tall dark and handsome thing going. I think we're almost the same skin tone. He's grinning at me and I feel truly stupid. "Jim."