16.

I did not expect this.

Lightly pushing Trevor of me, I gape wide eyed at him. "Trevor I, what the hell are you thinking?" I whisper yell at him as I start pacing around the kitchen. Trevor looks kind of surprised at his actions but he also looks calm. He stands against the counter watching me, almost nervously.

"I'm sorry. I hadn't planned on doing that but then I don't know." he says while looking away from me. "I don't know why I did that. It just fell right." and I can feel myself glowering at him. I take a deep sigh and he finally looks at me.

"It shouldn't feel right Trevor. I'm with Zayn and Cate has a thing for you, or so I think and I just can't." I stop my sentence to look at him. "Trevor you're a great friend and I don't want to ruin it. Right now, just isn't the time to be starting this. I have someone in my life and you have to respect that." I gesture between me and him. "So no Trevor it shouldn't have felt right." I repeat again.

"Okay I will respect that but can I ask you one thing?" I roll me eyes but before I can tell him that, no he can't kiss me again he continues. "Did it feel entirely wrong?" I'm saved by the bell as the doorbell rings. Thankful for not having to answer that question. Cate stops at the kitchen as she passes to open the door.

"Hey you expecting someone?" she asks as she looks from me to Trevor with a slight chuckle. "Why do you look so serious?" Thankfully the bell rings again and neither of us have to answer. I don't plan on answering that question anytime soon. She heads for the door. Me and Trevor lock gazes again and I sigh.

"So we agree, that won't happen again and we won't make things awkward between us right?" Trevor is a great person to hang out with and it would suck to not be able to do that due to it being too weird to be around one another. I've grown to like him. As a friend.

"Okay." he holds out his hands and smiles timidly. "Am I forgiven? I swear from now on, I'll keep my distance and respect that you have someone."

"I don't want you to give me space. I want everything to be the way they were. As friends, nothing more." I take his hand and smile back. "I meant it when I said you're a great friend and I don't want to lose that just yet. So yes I forgive you." I raise an eyebrow at him. "As long as it doesn't happen again."

"I promise." he says. He lets go of my hand just as someone else enters the kitchen causing both of us to turn our heads. And to my surprise it's Zayn. Great timing, I mentally say. Why didn't he tell me he was coming? I look at Zayn as he gives a small nod to Trevor and guilt immediately washes over me. I mean was it really a kiss? his lips only touched mine for like five seconds, or less. I don't even know.

"Hey Mel can I talk to you for a sec." I look from Zayn to Trevor, who's looking down nervously, probably wondering if I'm going to tell Zayn or not. I give him a small smile as we make our way too my room. On the way to my room we see everyone in the sitting room, talking. I decide to walk to the group with Zayn on my tail.

"Hey guys." I say and everyone's attention is on us. Mark is smirking as he shakes Zayn's hand and I mentally roll my eyes. Zayn introduces himself to Luke and then Carla who surprisingly keeps her cool as she shakes his hand with a polite smile.

"So what's up?" I ask as I sit on the edge of the bed. Too be honest, I'm a little nervous, I want to tell him but I feel as though now would be a bad time considering we have guests, including Trevor. So I decide on telling him the next time we're alone. He sighs and looks at me for a while before he sits next to me and takes my hand.

We talk for a while, catching up, laughing and I tell him a bit about my weekend as he does the same, telling me he wanted to see me before he leaves. As the conversation continues, I can't help but feel like he's on edge a bit so I decide to ask him what's wrong.