34.

The weekend is just what I needed. I get my well needed rest and I get to work through all the paper work they've given us. I spend the whole weekend in my little room, besides going out to eat.

Monday comes around and I'm hyped. A bit nervous but excited nonetheless. We arrive at the facility and everyone looks much better than Thursday night. We greet each other smile whenever we walk past each other. We go to our assigned groups and soon we're all at different departments. Jim enters and he greets the ladies with a wink, and the gentlemen with a nod. He starts by explaining a few procedures and everyone's role. It's only me, Nicky and Jack in his group.

"Okay so I want you guys to observe every little reaction, expression, change in demeanor, body language and everything else. I want you to note it down. After gathering the needed information, I want you to write a hypothesis. Tell me why the person reacted as such and also how you think they should react and also how this may have a short term or long term effect. Most important if there should be a problem, how it could be resolved." He smiles at us before continuing. "I will be present the entire time. If you need anything I'll be here. Good luck and please do your best." He smiles once more and after going into more detail, our first people enter. The man and the woman both take a seat.

"Okay these two people will be put through a simulator or rather a simulative electronic deception. Now is everyone clear on what they have to do?" we all nod and we're lead to another room, where we watch through a glass window. They put on their simulators and we're good to go. I write down every single thing I observe or think will be important. Whatever they are being put through, we can see on a small screen also.

By the time they finish up, we get to go to lunch before returning to the next people. We head over the cafeteria. Nicky, Jack and I take a seat at the table, after getting our lunch. We start eating and Nicky clears her throat with a wolfish grin on her face. We both stop eating to look at her.

"So Mel, you and Mr. dark chocolate were on fire at the bar hey." I blink twice at her while I finish chewing. "And by that I mean Dr. Jackson."

"Oh." I stretch it out. "It was a fun dance I guess." I shrug.

"You two looked pretty cozy out there. Is there something going on there?"

"Heavens. No. I have a boyfriend." She and Jack lift their eyebrows at me. "I'm serious. I have a picture on my phone."

"You sure it's not a picture you took from google?" I can't help but laugh as I show her a picture of Zayn.

"Just swipe to your right." She does so and there are the pictures of me and him at the club the night of my birthday.

"Oh wow." She says and she hands over the phone to jack and he nods in approval I think before giving me the phone. "What's his name?"

"Zayn Malik."

"What does he do?"

"Owns Malik Inc." I say shortly.it actually reminds me that I've hardly talked to him since I got here and I make a mental mote to call him today."

"Sounds familiar." Jack says. "Oh yeah I've heard of the company. I think they own some companies down here in LA as well. Pretty successful family." Hm. I did not know that. This makes feel like a bad girlfriend. Shouldn't I know these things? I know for sure that a stranger isn't supposed to know more about my boyfriend than I do.

"I guess they are." I say distractedly.

"Well what he doesn't know, won't kill him."

"If I do something and he finds out, he'll kill me, Jim and everyone who knows." I laugh.