8.

The day's fly by and before I know it's Wednesday, the day I see Zoe. A little excitement bubbles up over the fact that I might see Zayn today. I have missed him. I haven't seen him since Sunday and he only called me once on Monday and Tuesday. Someone knocks on the door and I can already picture how flawlessly dressed he'll be.

Zoe enters and I'm slightly disappointed that she's alone, not that I don't want to see her but only because I was expecting to see the one person I'm constantly thinking about. Zoe tells me that her father dropped her off because Zayn was too busy, he must have a lot of work today to be that busy then. Ridding myself of these thoughts about my client's brother, I start the session.

"So Zoe, last week we talked about reason why you're here and it's because you have recently been diagnosed with depression and you tried to commit suicide?"

"The depression yes, but I didn't try to kill myself, if I really wanted to be dead I would have gotten it right on the first attempt."

"You want to tell me why everyone believes that you tried to kill yourself?"

"Probably because apparently, I have depression"

"Apparently? Definitely, don't you think?"

"I don't need you or anyone else telling me how I feel."

"Hey, calm down, I'm trying to help you here." I say calmly "Okay so why do think they diagnosed you with depression?"

"Because I distanced myself from everyone, became quiet, didn't eat much, I don't know, I liked being isolated from everything every now and then." She shrugs.

"Good, why?"

"Why what?"

"Why were you so 'isolated'?"

"Because I don't think people understand me, and I felt alone during that time because I couldn't talk to anyone about the thoughts I was having."

"Which were?"

She keeps quiet and I can tell she doesn't want to talk about it yet, I'm guessing it's something that still bothers her so I carry on.

"Whenever you're ready we can talk about it, our time is almost up so I want you to think about all the things that are bothering you, write them down if you have to and then next session, we'll try to work through some of those things"

"Okay."

We said our goodbyes and Zoe's dad comes to fetch her. Since Zoe was my last client, I decide to call Cate to ask if we could go for a quick coffee before going home, and she agrees.

After waiting a few minutes, Cate comes and we head to her car to go to our café. It's become our little place. Whenever we want to leave the apartment, get some fresh air or meet up with other people, we always come here. It's almost become a tradition.

We make our way to the door and I tell Cate to go get us a table while I go order for us. After getting our drinks I search for Cate and spot her at a table near the window. While walking towards the table, an obnoxious girly laugh draws my attention to a blonde haired girl with a brown eyes-green eyes. She's pretty to say the least. When my eyes flicker to who she's sitting with, my heart nearly drops in my chest.

Is this what he was busy with? I don't mind him meeting up with whoever. It wouldn't bother me in the least but the way she keeps looking at him, touching him and laughing, him busy staring at her, it's hard not to mind. As if he could feel someone watching him, his eyes land on me but his face remains impassive, a look crosses his eyes, maybe guilt? But it's gone as fast as it came, he smiles a little, barely noticeable. I'm guessing he wasn't expecting to see me. The girl catches his attention again and he looks back at her, not turning to look at me again.