37.

The day to leave has finally arrived. Whilst I'm pretty sad, I'm also pretty happy to be going back. It's been a long five weeks and I just want to be back to something familiar. When I told Cate and Mark, they wanted to throw me a welcome back party but I refused. It's sweet of them, but no one wants to party after an 11hour- flight. Trust me.

Last night everyone decided they wanted a farewell party. I didn't refuse because heaven knows when we'll see each other again. So we all went to dinner then a club, making sure to take everyone's contact details incase we're ever around. I hardly slept enough hours. I just want to go back to my own apartment and sleep. I can already feel my own bed calling my name. I take a deep breath as I descend from the airplane steps. I see Mark standing there with a board with my name on it. He smiles as he spots me walking to him. I expected to see Cate but I don't mind either way.

"Really Mark?" I gesture to the board. "Didn't think I'd recognize you?"

"You know Mel, you were gone for so long. I wasn't really sure." He says.

"Oh shut up and hug me." he drops the board on the floor and he pulls me tight towards him. His hug is warm and I welcome it with open arms. Literally. He starts peppering kisses on my cheeks as he spins us in in a circle, causing quite a scene. "gross. I didn't say kiss me, you loser." I joke as he finally puts me down.

"You didn't say I shouldn't either. It was a hard choice." He shrugs. "and let's not forget that I'm your husband." He rolls his eyes as he slaps my ass. It's so unexpected that I squeal.

"Oh my Gosh stop." I say as I laugh. "I thought we broke up because you cheated"

"While you were gone I went to some couples' therapy for the both of us." he says.

"Oh that good to know. I guess I'm married again then."

"Of course you are. These Concubines couldn't keep me entertained for long. And they could never be like you, sweet Melony." I burst out laughing at his serious expression. We make our way over to his car.

"Who even uses that word anymore?" I can't help but laugh harder. "You are something else M." he flashes me a grin as he opens the passenger door, waiting for me to get in before closing the door. "Wasn't Cate supposed to pick me up?"

"Yeah but she got held up at work. I had nothing to do so thought I might as well come fetch my wife."

"Oh thanks. Did she tell you about the plan?"

"If you're talking about the lover boy plan. Then yes she did. I'll take you."

I decided to surprise Zayn and not tell him about me coming back already. I told him during the week that I'd be back this weekend and he said he'd pick me up from the airport. I changed my mind. I thought I'd just knock on his door and surprise him. With that in mind I take my phone out and dial his number. He answers with the first ring.

"Hey baby." He says and he sounds out of breath. I wonder what he's doing. "How are you?"

"Good thanks and you?"

"Very good Baby. Can't wait to see you." He pants loudly. "Want me to come pick you up?"

"Uh about that..." I wait for a few seconds before starting my lie. "well the thing is, they need us here for at least another week. So I won't be coming back this weekend." I cringe as he lets out a gush of air.

"Are you serious?" he asks in a low voice. He does not sound happy. "This is bullshit. Do they realize that you-" He cuts himself off to take a deep breath. "Give me the number of whoever is leading that damned research."