22.

To be honest, I enjoyed my day, including mine and Zayn's shenanigans earlier. I was so wrapped up in Zayn that I totally forgot about my phone for almost the entire day. Which is why I got an earful from my family and a few friends back home about me not replying to their messages and calls. It was a good day nonetheless.

Which leads us to where we are now. Me and Zayn are lying on my bed looking for movies to watch. We just said goodbye to Trevor a few minutes, he stayed here most of the day, much to Zayn's disappointment.

"Don't you have work tomorrow?" I ask Zayn as I settle my head on his chest.

"I do." he says simply.

"Well, aren't you going home then?" he scoffs at me before answering.

"Are you kicking me out?"

"No, it's just you never stay till Monday, because you have work in the morning so I was wondering."

"Thought I'd spend more time with you, unless you don't want me to."

"No, of course I want you here. Do you even have work clothes here?"

"No I'll just go home before heading to work then." He shrugs.

"Oh." I say and watch as Zayn chooses Greys Anatomy. "I didn't know you liked greys."

"I only watch it with you, it's not too bad but I know you like it so we can watch that." he says.

"I'm really not in the mood to become all emotional and irritated, I still want to enjoy the rest of my birthday." It's true though grey's is not good for one's health or emotions. He's probably rolling his eyes at me. He switches the TV off and cuddles closer to me. "I didn't mean switch it off."

"Whatever. Decide what you want woman." He says. "Besides it's not like we were going to pay attention anyways. My tongue would be in your mouth before Meredith gets to start that opening speech thing she always does." he shrugs causing me to laugh. it's sad to know that what he said is completely true. Well I guess sad is the wrong word here...

"Who said I was even going to let you kiss me. You're so cocky." I laugh.

"That I am. I mean you felt just how cocky I was this afternoon." he says smugly.

"What the hell is wrong with you today?" I laugh hysterically. "Are you on drugs?" Zayn has always been more reserved when coming to sexual things, or anything really. It's always hard to figure him out because he hardly gives anything away and when he does, its small.

"Yes, you." My heart melts instantly at his words. He can be so cute and romantic and then so dominating and sexy. My chest explodes with that feeling again, a feeling I can't quite explain, all I can say though is that it fills me with warmth and it's a damn good feeling.

"You're so cheesy." I say, moving from his chest to look up at him, but as I do, I see something sticking out from beneath my pillow. I furrow my eyebrows as I lean up to take it out. My hand touches a soft black box. I take it out and see a small note attached to the box. Happy birthday beautiful. I hope you like it. Love Zayn.

I coo and look up at Zayn with admiration. "Thank you." I hug him tightly and he laughs.

"Babe you don't even know what's inside."

"I don't need to, knowing that you got me something is enough." He smiles at me and tells me to open it.

My breath hitches when I open the black jewelry box. Inside is beautiful silver necklace with small pendant attached to it. I take it out to examine it closely. I turn it around to find a Z and an M engraved beautifully at the back.