24.

"Hi."

"You okay?" he asks.

"Yes. I'm okay."

"What are you doing right now?"

"Nothing, just watching Modern Family." I say but regret it as soon as I say it.

"Then you were ignoring me." he states and he doesn't sound happy at all, in fact he sounds tired. I don't reply because I don't want to lie or admit anything. "Why?" he asks. His voice holds no warmth nor emotion.

"I uh..." I don't know what to say. "I don't know, just with what Zoe said and the dinner tomorrow night..." I don't know how to express my feelings to him at this point. He sighs and curses under his breath.

"What did Zoe say?"

"Basically what you said about your parents." I don't want to tell him in detail because to be honest I'm scared shitless of the dinner since Zoe's warning- if you can call it that.

"You don't want to go tomorrow?" he doesn't sound relieved nor does he sound disappointed.

"I do. I'm just scared that your parents won't approve of me."

"Babe don't worry; it'll work out." He sounds so sure himself, that it puts me a little bit at ease.

"Okay. Did you need something when you called?"

"I just had a bad day and I needed to hear your voice that's all." He says softly but surely. My heart constricts with guilt for ignoring his calls. Gosh why am I so selfish?

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." he says but he's distant and I feel like such an ass. "So am I seeing you tomorrow?"

"Yes." I decide.

"Okay, I'll pick you up at six. Goodnight Melony." I'm so shocked by the use of my name that I barely say goodnight before he ends the call. So we're back to Melony and not Babe. I pout momentarily but choose to forget about it and go to sleep.

____

The big day is finally here and I am not looking forward to it. Isn't this supposed to be fun and exciting? Me meeting my boyfriend's parents? I let my alarm go off, not turning it off until Cate opens the door to make sure I'm alive.

"Hey, turn off the damn alarm before I throw it out the window." I shift my gaze from the ceiling to her face and I groan turning the damn alarm off. "You okay? you slept really early yesterday."

"Yeah just down I guess." She gives me a questioning look and I sigh as I leave the bed. "I'm meeting Zayn's Parents today- well officially as his girlfriend this time."

"You don't sound too happy about it." I did think about it more and maybe it won't be as bad as we think. I mean how bad can it really be? Maybe Zoe just overreacted. If I keep on thinking positive thoughts, then maybe I'll be more excited?

"Yeah I'm just worried about what they'll say or think." she walks over to me to give me a warm hug.

"Don't worry about it Hun. They'll love you, and if they don't then well that's their problem. Anyone would be lucky to have you as a potential daughter in law." She squeezes my sides and I feel a lot better than I did last night. I feel a little- dare I say it- excited.

It can't be that bad right?

Once Cate leaves I grab my phone. Disappointment settles in as I realize that Zayn hadn't sent me a morning text like he always does. I bet he's irritated with my childish behavior of last night- if I was him, I would be too. I decide to send him one first, for once.