36.

(A/N) Dedication to ZaynMaliksShyGirl. Thanks for all the votes, on like every single chapter. The reason why I actually decided to update. Anywayyy Enjoy :)

_____________

By the time I wake up, I'm still in a bad mood. I stare at the ceiling for a while and contemplate what the hell actually happened last night. Was Zayn accusing me of cheating? It came out of nowhere. He was being childish and it got on my nerves. Deciding not to let Zayn ruin the rest of my time here, I get up shower, get dressed then I'm off to work.

Surprisingly, I manage not to think about our argument for most of the day. Thankfully today is as busy as ever. Because we're nearing the end of our research, we get together with the other teams and we work together, sharing our findings. It's a day full of long, tiring meetings. Although it's exhausting, it has been a great experience. I have learned far more than I could have imagined. We work surprisingly well together and it's great.

One thing that's not great though is that we find out that we have an extended week here. There are still some thigs we need to sort out and they will require a few more days. I'm both irritated and glad. Irritated because I won't see everyone for another week. And glad because well, this has been a learning experience and I have been enjoying myself a lot actually.

Today we eat lunch together with the other teams and they start planning another night out.

"Mel, maybe you guys can show us your other dance moves." Nicky says. I roll my eyes at her as everyone starts laughing. "How about we make it this weekend. I figure everyone will be too busy packing and stuff next week." Everyone agrees but I hesitate a bit. Will Zayn get angry again about me going out? I hate the fact that that's what comes to mind first.

I mean it's not like I did something wrong. Being in a relationship doesn't mean that I can't enjoy myself when the other person is not around. My mood takes another nosedive as I think about our conversation. I think it bothers me more than I'm letting on. I wish I could say he was drunk or joking but I know he wasn't. He's trying to make me feel guilty for something I haven't done and I can't understand why. Maybe he's feeling guilty about something he did. Maybe that's why he was drunk. Did he do something? My heart sinks at the thought. My doubts are increased by his radio silence for the next few days.

Don't think about it Mel. Zayn wouldn't.

The last week is when the fun really begins. Well I guess you can't exactly call it fun but when you're a young psychologist and you get to do the work I'm doing right now, in a big research like this. It's kind of exciting. I get to do a few assessments on the people we worked with. It's a lot of work and I don't mind it one bit. Being here proved to me that I studied the right thing. This last week is more of individual work. We all have our own tasks to complete. Much like the rest of my time here, the day quickly passes without me realizing.

By the time I get back to the apartment, I have a few missed calls from my brother, parents, Zayn and Cate. I realize that I haven't told anyone that I'll be staying for another week. I quickly call my brother and I realize just how long it's been since we've actually talked. I miss him a lot. I miss south Africa a lot. Where all my friends and family are. Well except for Mark and Cate. we talk for a while and then we connect my parents to the call to let them know that I'm okay.

After that I call Cate and Mark since they were also worried. And last but not least Zayn. I don't want to call him though. I desperately want to hear his voice but I just don't know if I can. I wonder if he has cooled down. Not wanting another argument, I quickly send him a text, saying that I will be here for another week. Like always, instead of texting back, he calls back immediately after I send the text.