31.

Thirty minutes after the lunch, we arrive at Zayn's penthouse. We get inside and he hands me a water bottle as we sit in the lounge. I'm snuggling into his side and his arm is around me.

"That was fun wasn't it?" I ask him.

"It wasn't too bad." He replies softly.

"Yeah. I'm going to miss everyone. I'm literally not going to know anybody that side." I sigh. "but I'm still excited though."

"I still can't believe you'll be gone for so long." Now it's him who sighs. "but I'm sure you'll do well baby. I believe in you."

"Thank you. I'm a little nervous though but at the same time so excited." I look up at him and smile. "and a little sad that I'd be away from you for so long."

"I'll miss you too. So much." He whispers. I lean up and he kisses me sweetly. It's not rushed, nor steamy, just soft and sweet.

"Don't worry. I'll always be a phone call away." I whisper against his mouth.

"Well can't hold you like this through the phone, now can I?"

"I guess not." We're quiet for a while until he breaks the comfortable silence.

"I need to smoke." He says. It dawns on me that this is the firsts he's ever mentioned smoking in front of me.

"I even forgot you smoked."

"Yeah. I make sure that I don't smell or taste of cigarettes when I see you. Cause I know you hate it." He says.

"Thank you." I kiss his cheek. He removes his arm from around me as he walks to another room. Just then, my phone buzzes.

Trev: Lunch was fun. Thank you J

Me: it was. Thank YOU. We should do that more often.

Trev: We should. Me and Cate are hanging out now.

Me: Thanks for inviting me Trev! I say jokingly.

Trev: I would've but you and guys left and I thought you wanted some time with together.

Me: Yeah but he's going to be helping out a friend, so I'll be twiddling my thumbs until he's done L

My phone busses again but before I can answer it, someone enters through the door. I turn around and its Suzie, Zayn's friend. She smirks as her eyes finally catch mine.

"Well Hello. We've met before right?" she walks over to me and I stand up. "Suzie" she says holding out her hand.

"Uh yeah. Melony." I shake her hand awkwardly.

"So are you the housekeeper or something?" I narrow my eyes at her, I'm not entirely sure but I think I'm giving her the stink eye. I snatch my hand from her grip.

"Why would you even think that?"

"Just asking because you know- "

"Because I'm black?" she smiles and it makes me extremely mad.

"Not at all. I'm just not used to seeing girls here unless you know they work here, or they're sleeping with Zayn..."

"Well I'm doing neither." I look around praying that Zayn would appear soon.

"Hey, I didn't mean to offend you. I was just curious as to what a beautiful woman like you was doing here." I don't answer her and I decide to let it go.

"Uh Zayn just went to smoke, I'm sure he'll be back soon." Just as I say that, he walks over to Suzie. She hugs him and leaves a kiss on his cheek.