46.

Zayn: Lunch at my place?

That's the first thing I see when I check my phone on Sunday morning. He doesn't waste any time does he?

Me: I don't think that's a good idea.

Zayn: You promised. That's what friends do.

Me: You know this is not what I meant.

Zayn: I miss you. I want to see you.

Me: That's what people do when they break up. they let each other miss the other.

Zayn: Melony. Please don't. it's just lunch.

Me: Fine. What time?

Zayn: 3pm.

Me: Does it have to be at your place?

Zayn: Nothing's going to happen. Stop being difficult.

Me: Fine.

I'm so disappointed in myself for not being able to say no to him. it's irritating knowing that someone has so much power over you or your actions. I roll my eyes before standing up. I don't get why he wants it today. I need time to heal and move on from him and he saw my yesterday. He knows I can't say no to him so he uses it to his advantage.

After showering and getting dressed, I decide on watching some TV to make some time pass. I find Cate sitting on the couch watching a new episode of new girl. This makes me realize how we've stopped doing things like watching a series together because of always being so busy. She's still dressed in her pajamas.

"Morning." I sit next to her and she smiles.

"Morning. It's Sunday, why are you up so early?"

"Considering that you're also awake right now, that's a pointless question."

"Yeah but I'm not all dressed up so..."

"Oh yeah no, I just wanted to bath and look clean like a normal person." She narrows her eyes at me and in my head I'm thinking what the hell are we even saying right now. I roll my eyes, knowing that I'll obviously have to tell her some time. "Fine. I'm going to see Zayn." She sighs at me before shaking her head.

"What for?"

"To talk I guess." Honestly I don't know why he even wants to meet up. deep down I know this is a bad idea.

"I'm not even going to warn you or anything. You didn't listen to the first hundred times so..." she shrugs.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that no matter how much he hurts you, you always go right back to him. He hardly has to try. You don't really listen to us when we warn you, or I don't know maybe you were unconscious for the last two weeks."

"I know. I was actually going through the last two weeks. It's not like we're getting back together. We're just going to talk as friends."

"Oh yeah like that ever worked with him."

"I don't understand why you're grilling me about this. If you don't want me around Zayn because you don't like him or whatever, then just say it."

"I just don't like the things he does to you or the way he makes you feel. I don't want a repeat of the last two weeks. You were starting to get better then suddenly he comes along and you're back in his arms and kissing in hotels."

"Well it's kind of hard letting go of someone you felt so strongly about."

"That's the thing though Mel, you're not letting go. you're just holding on in a different way."