7.

I wake up feeling surprisingly normal. It's a good thing I decided not to drink too much. Thankfully, I'm not hungover. I wake up and head to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and splash my face with water to wake me up a bit then I walk over to the kitchen to make some coffee. I find Cate sitting in the kitchen drinking water.

"How is the hangover?" I ask smirking.

"I hate hangovers."

"Well then stop drinking so much."

"Well sorry not all of us are professional drinkers." she says.

"What you just said made no sense to me, such people don't exist. I don't even think that term exists."

"Well you're standing right in front of me right now, aren't you?" I laugh and shake my head "and talking about last night..." I have a feeling we're going to talk about Zayn.

"What about it?"

"Are you sure you want to start something with Zayn?" and just like that our playful banter turns into a serious conversation. "I mean I want you to find someone and be happy, but Zayn has been playing with your feelings from the very start. I don't want you to get hurt" she adds when I don't answer.

"I don't know." I sigh. "I'm not jumping into anything right now, I'll just see what happens I guess, no need to worry."

"I know I'm just trying to look out or you." she says, I sense bit of apprehension, but decide to let it go.

"Anyways enough talking about Zayn for now, what do you want to do today?" I don't feel like talking about something I'm not sure of myself.

"We can go shopping for things to decorate the apartment or your room, I haven't really done anything because I was worried you wouldn't like my 'style'" she says shrugging

"Sure, let me go take a shower first then we can go."

Before taking a shower, I decide to check my phone for messages, a few from my brother, friends back home and my parents but one in particular catches my eye. It's from Zayn and my fingers immediately go to his name.

Zayn: Hi.

Just a simple text like that and my stomach is already doing somersaults. I greet him back and the next conversation flies by because he literally takes second to reply to me. I like it.

Me: Hi :)

Zayn: I hope you are feeling okay.

Me: yeah I'm doing okay thanks, you?

Zayn: I'm alright. I want to see you today.

Me: Won't be free until later though, I'm going to run a few errands.

Zayn: I'll get Jake to pick you up to come to my apartment. Be ready at six.

"Mel are you almost done?" crap, I totally forgot what I came in here to do. Damn Zayn! Without replying I quickly run to the bathroom hoping Cate doesn't see.

"My feet are killing me" I complain as we throw our tired bodies on the couch "how is it possible to shop that long. Sunday is supposed to be my resting day"

"At least we got a lot of stuff." We ended up buying clothes, perfumes and other things we don't actually need. We literally bought anything and everything we liked. There goes my budget for this month.

"What time is it anyways?"

"5 pm I think." Cate replies. Damn I almost forgot about Zayn. I practically jump off the couch and I rush to my room to get ready "did I miss something?" she follows me and stands at the doorframe.