26.

I've always believed that if you truly want or love something, you don't give up on it. You work your ass off, you endure the blood sweat and tears, you hold on until you fix things or make them better. You don't just quit because there're a few hurdles down the road. You learn to jump over them and move on. I've never believed in giving up, but as I sit here in this car, I'm doubting whether this applies to this relationship. We've been fighting from the start, and most of the times it's against each other. There's always one problem or another. Although my feelings for Zayn are true and strong, I don't know if I can handle so much drama in such a short span of time. Maybe we're fighting a losing battle.

"You should listen to your dad." I say softly. My heart is hammering against my chest and I know where this is going. He frowns and I continue. "Maybe you should stop fooling around and save us both the heartache, or at least me." his brow creases and a look of panic crosses his eyes.

"Mel what are you talking about? I'm not fooling around."

"I heard what your dad said and you agreed." He doesn't answer me as he starts the car. We drive in silence and by the time I realize where we're going we're already parking at his penthouse. "Zayn, why are we here?"

"To talk." He says simply. He climbs out and he comes over to open my door. I thank him quietly as we make our way to the elevator. He surprises me though as he takes my hand in his. I hold on to him tightly, not wanting to let go, but soon we're in his living room facing one another on the couch. I blush momentarily, remembering the last time we were on this couch.

"So you were eavesdropping on us?" he says calmly.

"No I just overhead you talking, and I happen to agree with you."

"You see? There you go again with your doubts and insecurities." He runs a hand through his hair. "I don't know what else to do to put you at ease."

"I know your dad's opinion means the world to you, you said so yourself. You will never be truly happy with me if he doesn't approve of our relationship."

"So now you know what I feel?" he asks.

"Well I wouldn't have to guess if you'd just tell me how you really feel."

"What did you say in the car before we left?"

"I said a lot of things."

"You know what I mean. Say it." I keep quiet cause I don't know if I should say it or not. "Say it." He demands. "Are you all in?" I nod unwillingly. "Then stop trying to find everything wrong with this relationship and focus on the good things. Yes, we have a few issues, but we'll work through them. We always do." I feel like he's trying to convince himself, more than me.

He pulls me into his lap, making me straddle him. He grabs my hips as he pulls me against him, connecting our lips. He nibbles on my bottom lip before easing his tongue into my mouth. He's hot and hard as he crushes me against him. The kiss is slow and deep as his hands move everywhere on my body. He breaks the kiss but he doesn't let go of me just yet. his eyes are dark and his pupils are dilated.

"I don't want to lose you." I say softly. Not breaking his gaze.

"Good." He pecks me as he hugs me closer, burying his face at my shoulder. "Then don't do this."

"I just don't want my heart broken." I say into his chest. Inhaling his musky scent. He's calming me down with just his touch and scent and I wish it wasn't that easy for him.

"If you give up on us now, that's exactly what's going to happen." he drags my face to his again. "Don't make us miserable because of what you thought you heard." He leans in so that our lips touch. "I can't lose you. Not now."