39.

I couldn't be more thankful for this week I have off. For the last two days I've been catching up on work and I've been cleaning around the apartment, cooking, catching up with friends and family but I think I'm starting to miss my boyfriend so I decided to go to his work for lunch time. Firstly, I go to a café nearby to buy us some lunch. After getting the ham and cheese sandwiches, I go over to his work. I finally get to the waiting area outside his office but he's in a meeting so I take a seat to wait.

After a while his office door opens. An older man, probably in his mid-fifties, walks out first. Zayn follows behind. I watch them in silence as the say their goodbyes. They look like old friends. They're smiling at each other so I figure the meeting went well.

"Good doing business with you, son." They shake hands.

"Like wise sir. I think your company would make a great addition to the team." I have never seen Zayn do anything related to business so to see him in his "element" is quite a sight. Even though they're just saying goodbyes you can tell that Zayn knows what he's doing and that he is in control of this little exchange. He looks all sexy and in control with his dark gray suit, sitting snugly on his figure.

"I'd like to think so. My daughter was quite taken with you. You two should go on a date again. I don't think two times in a week was enough for her." The old man laughs and Zayn laughs with him.

"I'll see what I can do sir."

"Well son, don't let me keep you any longer." He says as he spots me. Zayn spots me too and I can clearly see the look of utter surprise on his face. Guilt maybe? He shoots his PA, Mary, what I think is an annoyed look before quickly turning to the older man.

"I'll keep in touch." The older man nods then leaves. Zayn looks at me for a second before clearing his throat. "Come in." he says as he holds the door open for me. He waits for me to enter before following. He closes then locks the door behind him. He doesn't say anything because he knows that I heard everything, so to try to and ignore what just happened would be extremely stupid.

I walk over to his desk and on the desk are some pictures. I pick them up and I see Zayn standing next to a beautiful girl with his arm around her. I can't help but admire how good they look together. They look the same, she's just a little lighter than Zayn and she's got black shiny hair flowing down her back. Next to Zayn is his father and the man that just left his office. It looks as though they're at a restaurant. All smiling faces. If I didn't know better, I would say Zayn and this girl were a couple. I stare at the picture for a while until I feel a knot forming in my gut. Zayn looks apprehensive.

My daughter was quite taken with you.

You two should go on a date again.

I don't think two times in a week was enough for her.

Date again.

Again.

"Is this his daughter?" I look at him and he nods uncertainly. "When was this?"

"About two weeks ago."

"While I was away, you were going on dates with another woman?"

"It's not like that baby."

"Then what's it like?"

"It was a business thing and you weren't here so her dad..." that's about all I hear because it suddenly hits me like a ton of bricks. He stops talking as I scoff.

If I remember correctly, that's when he was drunk, drinking or whatever the hell he was doing. He got angry at me for going out while he was doing the same thing. If he also went out, I don't understand why he made such a big deal out of me going out to have drinks. That is unless he thought I was doing what he was busy doing.