|| There's no place like home ||

First person pov

" Pepper, I'm fine. Look it's only my chest that hurts not my legs." Dad said while we walked into Stark tower.

I was so happy to be home and smell the familiar scent of candy cane and pine needles. It was a great smell that made me feel at home from New York to Carolina. Dad must of had Jarvis set everything up cause the fire was blazing and the Christmas tree was very lit. I smiled spinning around the room loving this place so much and especially when it was the holidays.

Back in Carolina, Christmas was a bit odd since there was no snow and the only snowman you made was from sand. Here there was lots of snow and every angle you turn there was Christmas in the air and carol's being sung. There was no doubt that New York was jolly. It was jolly everyday here, which made my heart skip beats. I looked at Dad who's eyes plead for help with his eyes.

" Told you Dad." I simply said and he rolled his eyes.

I laughed missing him so much after thinking for a while he was dead and gone from my life. It's quite scary when you think about it. The person that you love the most just dies. It's the worst thing to happen to a person. I really thought Stark industry was gonna go to me. I was too young for that.

" Well I'm sorry, but I want to make sure you don't hurt yourself." Pepper said and I nodded getting a water bottle from the kitchen seeing as the red head was keep a hawk eye on him.

" True." I said agreeing with her a bit since he did just get surgery.

" Daniella, you're a Stark. Stark stick together no matter what." he said and I laughed at how he used my words against me. I stuck my tongue out and he laughed.

" Well what if you fall and hit your chest, then what ?" Pepper said while I smiled opening my water and taking a sip seeing the two love birds.

" I'll be fine sweetie. Just let me go." Dad wined and I laughed.

" I'll give Pepper a point for the creative thinking, but there is no chance she has you as her key chain. Best you can do is seduce her." I said and they both laughed.

" The house looks nice. A least it's not damaged." Dad said and I nod missing the California home.

" Did you have Jarvis set everything up ?"

" Of course. I know how you love the smell and look of this place." He said and I smiled hugging him.

" Thanks Dad." I said and he messed with my hair.

" If you need us Daniella we will be in our room." Pepper said walking Tony there.

" Bow wow."

" If you do, keep it down !" I yelled making a disguising face.

" No promise." Tony said.

I went on my new phone and saw no messages. I was hoping Steve would know I'm alive and well. I was about to reach for my handle when I noticed my door was open a jar and I knew one hundred percent, I closed the door before I left. I got my gun from my back pocket, now that I was authorize to carry, and aimed it slowly while I walked in. I saw someone standing in my room and turned on the lights on to see him...Steve Rogers.

" Steve ?" I questioned.

He smiled turning around to face me and I quickly lowered the gun and placed it on the counter.

" Dani."

" Steve !" I cried hugging him and wrapping my legs around his waist.

He hugged me back just as tightly, maybe even tighter. I was crying as he held me close to him, but also notices the tears he shed too.