|| The Second Chance ||

Third Person Pov

Steve drove everyone towards Tony's Cabin up in the mountains. He could tell Serenity was ready to get Daniella back by the way she kept moving in her seat. They made it to the little gravel road parking just in time to see Tony come around the house with his daughter in his arms. Everyone got out closing there doors and seeing the noise caught both attention. Tony was shocked to see everyone, but more importantly, Serenity. He could of sworn for a second, it was Daniella. Tony walked up the rest of the porch before turning to Morgan.

" Why don't you go help mommy set for dinner ?"

" Okay !" Morgan beamed running inside to find Pepper. Tony turned seeing Steve already on the porch while the others came.

" I didn't know you would bring them."

" We came up with an idea that could change everything. We can get them all back." Steve bluntly said seeing Tony took a seat a bit taken back what was said." This is Scott Lang. Scott was stuck in what's called a quantum realm for what felt like eleven hours, but was really eleven years. He believes we can time travel using the quantum realm and get everyone back. Now, we know what it sounds like-"

" Grandpa, after everything you've seen, is anything really impossible ?" Serenity asked, but Tony cut her off immediately.

" Quantum fluctuation messes with the Planck scale, which then triggers the Deutsch proposition. Can we agree on that ? In Layman's terms, it means you're not coming home."

Scott shook his head." I did."

" No. You accidentally survived. It's a...It's a billion-to-one cosmic fluke. And now you wanna pull a... What do you call it ?"

" A time heist ?"

" Yeah. Time heist." Tony laughed." Of course. Why didn't we think of this before ? Oh ! Because it's laughable ? Because it's a pipe dream ?"

Serenity shook her head with so much hope in her eyes, it broke Tony's heart a bit." I was thinking the same thing, but the stones are in the past. We can go back and we can get the. We can snap our own fingers. We can bring everybody back. Grandpa, we can bring my mom back."

" Or screw it up worse than he already has, right ?"

" I don't believe we would." Steve said defending Serenity having Tony stare at him a bit before speaking.

" Gotta say this. Sometimes, I miss that giddy optimism. However, high hopes won't help if there's no logical, tangible, way for me to safely execute said time heist. I believe the most likely outcome will be our collective demise."

" Not if we strictly follow the rules of time travel." Scott said sitting near Tony and looking to the man desperate." That means no talking to our past selves, no betting on sporting events-"

" I'm gonna stop you right there, Scott. Are you seriously telling me that your plan to save the universe is based on Back to the Future ?"

" No." Scott whispered.

" Good. You had me worried there. 'Cause that'd be horseshit. That's not how quantum physics works."

" Grandpa." Serenity started off with looking to the man with little tears at the rim of his eyes." Please...we gotta try. We have to get her back. We have to take a stand against this Thanos guy. He shouldn't be the one that wins."

" We did stand. And yet, here we are. You were too young to understand."

" I wasn't too young to know my mother was murdered." Serenity snapped back. Steve lightly touched her shoulder and backed her away.