|| Running ||

Daniella's pov

" Dani, wake up."

" Hmm ?" I asked and turned to see Steve sitting on my bed side with his hand on my shoulder. He looked a bit worried which had me now wide away" Is everything okay ? What happened ?"

" Come on with me. Let's go for a little run." He said and I peeked through the pillow to see if he was serious.

"Why ? Steve, it's five fifty Am."

" I know where forty minutes late. Now hush up and get ready. Dress for a hike." He said before leaving the room quietly.

I didn't mind going for a run, so I got up getting dressed for a hike brushing my teeth and putting my hair into a slick ponytail. I wonder what he was up too ? I walked down to the garage to see Steve on his bike.

" I thought we were going for a run ?" I asked and he nodded handing me a helmet and turning his bike on.

" Do you trust me ?"

I smiled." Of course I do. I'll always trust you."

" Then hop on. We're going for a little drive first." He said and I nodded getting on the back of his bike and riding off with him.

He passed central park which confused me since that's where we would normally run. He drove more off into New York that I wasn't even sure we were in New York anymore. Before I knew it, we were in the mountain side with snow covered trees in the dim lit sky. He parked on a little trail and placed his bike on the side.

" Ready ?"

" Steve, where are we ?"

" A hiking ground an hour from the tower. I thought we should run some where more serenity."

" I think we both need some serenity in our lives."

" Yes, we do." He said and I nodded liking the idea. I couldn't really complain." Ready ?"

" Yep." I said and took of running with Steve not so far behind.

The January air hit my face making me smile. It was both cold which was what I loved and a bit warm. I heard Steve laugh, which made myself laugh. Maybe this wasn't so bad. The snow on trees made it almost magical and here and there we would see a deer. We got to the end of the trail seeing a little mountain in front of us.

" Wanna climb ?"

" You bet." I said going first. The climb wasn't so bad and when we got to the top, I was a bit shocked to what I saw." Wow."

" That's what I say when I come here."

" This isn't your first time here ?"

" No." He said coming behind me and smiling at the view." I came here after the attack on New York. Needed to clear my mind of what I saw and the fact that I was no longer in the 40's."

" It's beautiful."

" Dani, be truthful. How are with the powers thing?" Steve said and I looked at him then back to the beautiful scene in front of me.

" Steve, I don't want to talk about it." I whispered.

" You should. You promised not to bottle up your emotions anymore." He pointed out and I nodded knowing damn well that I did. I took a deep breath before looking to my feet.

" I honestly don't know what to say." I said and turned to him seeing he was staring at me the whole time." I don't even know what to think anymore hearing I'm a ticking time bomb."

" Then tell me." He said and I shrugged.

" Steve, you heard what Banner said. What ever is inside me is going to change me. Read between the lines. I'm going to lose myself. My powers are going to take over and the Dani standing right in front of you will be gone. I'm a ticking bomb." I said and he held my hand, but I pulled away and walked away a bit." Whiplash. That's the only way I can describe it. I swear, one minute, I was with my mom and about to apply to NYU to get back into college, and now I'm waiting for myself to explode."

" You're not gonna explode-"

" Well, I'm not exactly going to be living either." I said and he shook his head.

" Don't say that."

" It's the truth. You see it every day. I get angry and my eyes change to gold." I said and walked closer to him." You and I both know, no matter how much we don't want to admit that, something is going to happen to me. We both know that one day this is going to happen and when it does, I need you to do something."

" What ?"

" I need you to take me out."

"  Dani no-"

" Steve, you're going to have to ! I can't hurt anyone. Who knows what else there is about me ? You heard them, I'm going to be stronger then you all. Maybe even Thor. I can be an alien for all I know.  I thought I knew so much about myself, but I don't know anything. I could hurt you guys and even kill you. I have so many questions that I'm scared. Steve I'm scared." I cried and he hugged me letting me cry in his chest.

" I think you'll still be my best friend. You'll be beautiful, yourself, and I'll protect you." He said and I hugged him tighter.

" What if I'm evil ?"

" There is no way the purest person I ever met can be." He said before looking to me." I know this is the biggest bump in the road, but I know you'll beat it. Your right, I don't know what will happen, but I know I'll still have my same Daniella."

" What if I'm highly dangerous ?"

" Then I'll help you. I'll bring you back to all of us. I will do what ever the hell I need to do to get you back. You have nothing to worry about." He said and I kissed his cheek.

" But just in case, you have to be the one to take me out."

" Dani-"

" It can't be my dad. He's been through to much and I know you'll do it. For me at least. I can't handle to know let alone watch me hurt my family." I said and he kissed the top of my head." I know I said I didn't want you to kill someone for me, so I'm asking you to kill me to save others."

" Okay, I promise." He said and I nodded.

" Thank you." I whispered, but I knew he heard it because he wrapped his arms around me and we watched the sunrise completely into the sky. I smiled and knew I would never forget this moment. Even if I forgot myself.