|| The Life We Were Sadly Given ||

Third Person Pov

Eleven Years Later........

" So I, uh..." A man said while sitting around a counseling group seeing there weren't a lot of people, but he nodded his head knowing why and continued." Went on a date the other day. It's the first time in eleven years, you know ? Sit there, dinner... I didn't know what to talk about."

" What did you talk about ?" Steve asked looking to the man. He had created the little group in order to help people going through the snap. He wanted to help people just like him.

" Same old crap, you know ? How things have changed, and... My job, his job.... How much we miss the Mets. Then things get quiet. He cried as they were serving the salads."

" What about you ?"

"  I cried just before dessert. But I'm seeing him again tomorrow, so... That's great."

" You did the hardest part." Steve admired not even having the guts to go on a date after what happened." You took the jump, you didn't know where you were gonna come down. And that's it. That's those little brave baby steps you gotta take. To try and become whole again. To try and find purpose. I lost the love of my life eleven years ago and had to raise my daughter alone. You got to move on. Got to move on."

Steve paused knowing what he was saying was a bit of a lie. There was no way he could ever move on just like that. He shook his head before smiling to the group." The world is in our hands. It's left to us guys and we got to do something with it. Otherwise... Thanos should've killed all of us."

Steve got into his car right after the meeting and drove to Midtown Tech High School. His thoughts were still racing a bit like they always did. He couldn't believe that even after eleven years, they were still in this hell of a world. Nothing was like it was before. The sun barely ever came out anymore and neither did people. No one really smiled anymore. There was no reason to when everyone you loved was dead.

He parked the car out front and stared at the wheel before reaching into his pocket and pulling out the same picture he had of his whole family. He missed her smile and even her laugh. It was like a million angels joined together just for her laugh. The door opened, so he quickly placed the photo away before smiling.

" Hey princess, how was school ?"

" It was okay." Serenity answered looking up to her father with a smile. Steve smiled also seeing how beautiful she was and how much she resembled Daniella." There's just not much to do now. Art program had been cut. Music has been cut. P.E has been cut."

" Well, I mean you have cheerleading."

" With only a little bit in our team to cheer for the small football team." Serenity said before shaking her pom pom's. Steve smiled and reached in the back before pulling a cupcake with a candle on it. Serenity saw it and gave a small smile." Dad."

" Happy 16th birthday, princess."

" Thanks Dad. You didn't have to." Serenity said before closing her eye and blowing out the candle. Steve smiled and handed her the cupcake knowing it was her favorite. Chocolate.

" May 20th. I'll never forget the day I held my little girl for the first time. You were such a small thing and I was scared to even hold you." Steve said seeing Serenity smile. She looked over to him before holding his hand.

" Dad, I know you also think of this day as..." Serenity said pausing, but knew it had to be said. It had been a decade." The day we really lost mom. How are you holding up ?"

" Let's get to the Facility. Natasha has a cake for you." Steve said ignoring her question.

Serenity understood and nodded not wanting to push him too much. They drove to facility and went inside only to see Natasha was crying after having a meeting.