CHAPTER THREE

JORDAN'S POV

While the week went by, my excitement grew each moment of the day. I couldn't wait to finally feel my toes in the sand with the sun shining down on my skin. I lived for that.

Kylie hasn't talked to me at all. She says she's busy trying to get money for college, but I don't know anymore. My grandparents left most of their things to me when they passed away, so I sold most of it. That's where I'm getting the money for college.

As for Tristan, I honestly don't know. In fact, I don't really know anything about him. All I know is that he's great in bed.

I placed my last bikini into the large purple case and zipped it up. Before leaving, I paused at my bedroom door and took in the sight of my room. Sure, I love being on vacation, but I also love spending time by myself reading a good book or jamming to some of my favorite songs in my bedroom.

My mother ran up to me, putting me in her unforgettable embrace. My father stood behind us and watched silently.

"I'm sorry we can't be there, but I want you to have a wonderful time! And don't get too crazy with Tristan, okay? I'm not raising any grand-babies." My mother laughed.

I loved it when she laughed. I loved how her eyes would crinkle up and her cheeks would rise. She was everything to me.

"And don't forget to call us every other day. We need to make sure you're safe. I don't trust that boy of yours to protect you." My dad looked at me seriously.

He never liked Tristan. No matter what, I don't think he ever will. It's just a dad thing, y'know?

"Okay! I will, I promise! I have to go now or I'll be late!" I exclaimed while trying to climb out of my mothers arms.

She eventually let go and the whole time I was walking to my car they were blowing kisses and telling me to be safe. I threw my case into my trunk and climbed into my car.

Within 30 minutes, I arrived at Tristan's house. He walked out looking as handsome as ever with his suitcase. He too threw his in the trunk and got into the passenger side.

Before I could say anything, he planted a kiss right on my lips. It was passionate and rough. Everything about him screamed sex.

I shook the feeling away and began driving towards the airport. Tristan was quiet, which was weird considering he usually isn't.

"What's going on with you? You're not talking." I stated as I tried to keep my eyes on the road.

"I've been thinking."

I groaned. "Oh jeez."

"This is a couples thing. You and me going on vacation. It's different. It's like we're actually an item." He smiled and placed his hand on mind, holding it as if he didn't want to let go.

"I already told you how I feel about relationships." I sighed.

Ever since I was in middle school, I absolutely hated relationships. I loved the guys I was with, but I could never exactly tell them that. I always felt pressured and the feeling of them loving another girl scared me. I became insecure and compared myself with other girls. I then realized, relationships aren't for me. That's how it's been ever since.

"Maybe we could just give it try? I mean, we basically do everything a couple does except say I lo-"

"Please stop. I don't want to talk about this now. Maybe when we get to the hotel, okay?" I tried to change the subject.

Tristan just nodded and let go of my hand. He continued to stare out of the window.

Many, many, many hours later, I found myself in the airport walking around like a lost puppy. Tristan was following behind me, taking in everything he possibly could.

I soon found our plane and we both boarded. I sat in a window seat with Tristan beside me. I had never flown before only because of my fear of heights and fear of the plane crashing. Planes just aren't normal. I mean, we have gravity for a reason.

As soon as the wheels rolled across the concrete path, I panicked. Without thinking, I shut my eyes as tight as they could go and held onto Tristan's hand for dear life.

"Hey, it's okay. We're gonna make it." He pecked the top of my head and squeezed my hand tighter.

I opened my eyes to meet his soft green eyes. I guess you could say I do love him. It's just that I don't want to marry him. I never want to have kids with him. I'm just too complicated to explain.

I chuckled at my thoughts, but stopped when my eyes wandered out of the window. We were flying! We were actually flying!

I could barely make out the towns below us. Everything looked tiny, almost as if it were fake.

I looked over at Tristan once more. He was watching the other people on the plane. Then, he turned to me.

"Doesn't that guy look familiar? I could've sworn I've seen him in town before.." He rubbed his chin and motion his head toward the man sitting a few seats in front of us.

I peered over the seats in front of us, but all I could see was blonde hair. Then, he looked behind himself and made eye contact with me. I swear I've never seen more beautiful brown eyes in my life.

I ducked down quickly and prayed that he didn't just see me, even though I know he did. Tristan gave me a funny look, but shook it off and played on his phone.

I decided to lean back and rest. It was going to be several hours before we even arrived at Florida anyway. I closed my eyes, soon drifting into oblivion.