CHAPTER TWELVE

JORDAN'S POV

Jason was gone. He had left quickly after gathering whatever belongings he still had. He left without saying goodbye, but I guess he didn't need to.

Jessica had awoken shortly after he left. She's been carrying food from the fridge to the guest bedroom for the past few hours. It still feels weird having her here.

Her stomach showed the slightest bit of a bump. She's gained just a few pounds and her body is changing with every passing day. Her chiseled jaw line is now fading, blending in with the skin on her neck.

The muscles that laced her arms and legs were also beginning to fade and her leather jacket no longer fit which is why it has been hanging on the back of the doorknob these few weeks. I followed her footsteps to her bedroom and knocked on the door. The Ramones blasted on the stereo and I could feel the vibrations of the base against the white wooden door.

"What do you want?" She asked over the music.

"Just making sure you're okay. You haven't talked for a while."

I could hear her feet shuffle across the carpeted floor and soon the door swung open. When she opened the door, I was face to face with someone unrecognizable. Jessica's hair was flat and her heavy makeup had been removed from her face.

My eyes darted down to the pink colored shirt she was wearing.

"I had to borrow it. None of my clothes fit me right." She rolled her eyes.

I felt uncomfortable with the image of her rummaging through my clothes. She may be my sister, but that doesn't change my feelings towards her. "I can go shopping for you."

Jessica snorted, "what?"

"Yeah, I can pick up some clothes at the mall or something. Clothes that fit you...," my eyes landed on the bags of junk food laying on the beside table, "and ones you can grow into."

Jessica crossed her arms and gave me a strange look as if I were the crazy one. "Grow into?"

"Jessica, you're pregnant. You're going to get way bigger than this. You're barely into your pregnancy."

Her face turned into a horrified expression as she turned around and looked into the mirror hanging on one of the bedroom walls. "I'm going to get fat?"

"Um, yes? Jessica, you're not going to be the same after you have this baby whether you like it or not."

I watched as Jessica's expression fell. "I didn't mean to."

My eyebrows furrowed as she flopped down onto the bed, making it sink it. "What?"

"I was wasted and I just wanted to have some fun. I didn't expect it to make me fat in the end." A slight chuckle came from her lips as she said the word 'fat'.

I didn't know what to say to that. I knew that in Jessica's mind, this was all just some horrible experience that she would get over in a couple of years. She wouldn't be getting anything good out of this.

"Im going to the mall. I'll be back later. Anything specific you'd like me to get?" I asked, hopefully changing the subject.

"A leather jacket that fits... And one a few sizes bigger."

I saw nothing but pain in her eyes when she spoke. All I could do was nod and leave.