CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

JASON'S POV

Jordan's father carried me into their home and laid my body on the sofa. I was still in and out, but I can barely make out what's going on around me. It's almost as if I'm half asleep and still dreaming.

The sofa shifted as she sat next to me. Her breathing soothed me.

Why is she doing this? Why did she save me? After I've been a dick to her, she's doing this?

I tried to think of why she would be saving me, but the feeling of immense pain came from my arm. I can feel her fingers prying around within the wound, but I can't make a sound.

The bullet fell to the floor making a clinking noise as it bounced. She then wrapped my arm back up in her jacket and held it tightly. My eyes shot open from the pain.

"Jordan, can I speak with you for a minute?" Her dads voice called from a nearby room.

Jordan walked away and I couldn't quite hear what they were talking about. I held onto my arm and waited for her to return. Soon, she did.

My eyes met with her blue ones, and I couldn't think of any thing else except for how beautiful they were. Jordan's eyes were full of curiosity, happiness, sorrow, love, and passion. The only thing I ever saw in Jessica's eyes was hatred and lust.

I tried to sit up, but I'm too weak. Jordan helped me as I squirmed. We sat side by side watching each other. It's so quiet I can hear her heartbeat.

The first time I had kissed her, I felt nothing. I was horny and frustrated, but ever since then I've had these feelings. I just need to know if they're real or not.

I started to lean in, glancing at her lips. I planted mine on hers, and my world turned upside down. Fireworks and sparks exploded in the pit of my stomach.

I pulled away and whispered with whatever energy I had left, "thank you."