Chapter 54: Carousel

JASON'S POV

The woman ran away, screaming that the police need to come. I quickly jumped up and put Jordan over my shoulder. Leaving my gun, I ran as fast as I could to my car.

I laid Jordan in the back seat just as security started running out of the front doors of the mansion. I hopped into my car and stepped on the gas pedal as soon as it started.

I honked at the people standing in my way as I drove. Eventually police cars started to follow me as I got onto the highway. Jordan groaned again, making me pissed off at the guy who did this to her.

My phone rang, and I answered it.

"Having fun?" A familiar voice chuckled.

"How did you get my number, dick?"

"Max gave it to me. Listen, I know what's going on right now, and I need you to meet me at the outskirts of town. I'll take Jordan while you run."

"I don't know..." I glanced in the mirror to see her slumped over in the back, blue and red lights flashing across her face.

"Jason, do it. Don't drag her into this mess."

"Fine."

I hung up and took a sharp turn on to a road that led outside of the city. Two squad cars still followed me.

I took a series of different roads, trying to get them off of me. They got lost after a while, giving me time to hand over Jordan.

I came to a halt as soon as I saw Alex's car sitting along the side of the road. He opened the door of the back seats and grabbed her out, then out her in his backseat.

I sped away again, making sure the police were off of me this time. I looked back, not seeing any sign of police whatsoever.

As I turned back around, my foot slammed on the brakes. Police cars blocked the roads as officers pointed their guns towards me. I looked behind me as I put the car in reverse, but other squad cars came up behind me, blocking me in.

"Fuck!" I cursed.

"McCann, step out of the vehicle with your arms raised!" A police officer yelled.

I had left my gun back at the mansion when I had fallen, so there's nothing I can do. This is it.

I did as told and dropped to my knees. A police officer ran towards me and placed my wrists in handcuffs behind my back. He spoke my rights as he forcefully lifted me onto my feet.

They then shoved me into the backseat of a police car. As I looked through the barred windows, I knew it was over.