Chapter 42: no one Ever Loved

JASON'S POV

I watched quietly from Jordan's bed as she straightened her hair and put on her makeup. She was beautiful the way she was. I'll never understand how girls can cover themselves up like that.

I'm so happy right now. She's mine and no one else can have her.

I walked over to her and kissed the top of her head. She smiled in the mirror.

"I want you to come with me." I spoke.

"Where to?" She applied a coat of mascara to her eyelashes.

"To see Max. He's not doing well and I don't want to go alone."

She raised her eyebrows. "Why? You're Jason McCann. You can go anywhere alone if you want."

"No, I want you to come with me. Don't hesitate to bring your gun either."

"What?"

"We're going to Jessica's."

--

"Knock, knock!" I yelled as I opened the large metal door.

Jordan followed closely behind me and I can literally feel her fear.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in." Jessica scowled at the sight of us.

I placed a firm grip around Jordan's waist, holding her close to my side. "I came to see Max. How is he doing?"

"He's out cold right now. I loaded him up on some drugs to help with the pain."

We both followed her into another room where Max lay under neath a blanket on the floor. A pillow rested under his bruised head.

She must've washed away his blood, because he was pretty cleaned up. That's probably the most generous thing I've ever seen her do when she's not faking it.

"Can I have some time alone with him?" I glanced at Jessica, then to Jordan.

They both looked at each other and then shrugged. As soon as I heard the door close, I sighed.

"I hope she's taking care of you. Everything's gonna be alright. I can't fucking believe we almost lost you." I whispered, hoping the girls wouldn't hear me.

"Shut the fuck up, man. I'm trying to sleep." Max grumbled and tossed over on his other side.

"Okay, get some rest." I chuckled and left the room.

Jordan stood outside by herself, impatiently waiting for me.

"Where's Jessica?" I asked, looking around the large empty space.

"I don't know. She just walked away." She shrugged.

I grabbed her hand in mine and we both got into my vehicle.

Soon, we arrived at her house. Before she could get out of the car, I kissed her neck, making her moan. Her moans were like music to my ears, so I continued to kiss her.

I got out and so did she. I picked her up and carried her inside and to her bedroom.

"Jason, are you sure you want to do this?" She asked as I laid her onto her bed.

"I want you."